Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 06-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #55
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Wow guys.

It's unfortunate that litigation has had to take over for common sense and good customer service. One problem is that everyone wants something for nothing even when the problem was created by themselves. No wonder dealers are reminding us of warranty issues.
The tendency to sue in this country has ruined many folks ability to use common sense in one area for the fear they will be required to do something similar in a dissimilar situation.
As an airline pilot I know that alot of time is spent and delays created just for CYA. CYA from passengers, FAA, and company. Hey, some must be done for sure.
I have dealt with TRD Sparks, NST, and Micro-Image so far. I take what they say very seriously and respect their opinions. If I'm told there might be a warranty issue, then like it or not my decision to move forward with a mod is mine alone. I'll take the risk that I may not be able to get something fixed under warranty. The other hand would be that a good dealer will recognize an obvious failure that should be covered and would not blame a mod that was not the problem.

Regardless, it will always come down to us and our own character.

Last edited by Lazerdot; 06-02-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #56
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Wow... lol
This thread is going great.......

I still dont know what to get/do![ if I can afford it that is :( ]
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #57
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
I have all TRD suspension, stuts, springs and sway bar. I added some spring stiffeners from YarStar (thanks again ). I use the car in AX and love it! Cost was not to high and TRD gives the car a "medium" upgrade which works well for the street at the AX events.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #58
Lafiro

Yeah, I don't need a track car. Its a daily driver(just myself, and tge GF doesn't mind it) So I dont need it to kill me on the bumps.

A friend of mine told me that maybe I should look into replacing all the bushings in the suspension. What is everyones reaction/suggestion on that.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #59
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
A friend of mine told me that maybe I should look into replacing all the bushings in the suspension. What is everyones reaction/suggestion on that.
it'll make the car louder and bumpier
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #60
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Yeah, I don't need a track car. Its a daily driver(just myself, and tge GF doesn't mind it) So I dont need it to kill me on the bumps.

Buy Tokico struts and install them. That is the suggestion. Do not replace any bushings.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #61
Lafiro

Lol, wow such a different response from what he told me,

He told me the new bushings would allow the suspension to eat the bumps easier, instead of letting it move around too much/maybe making contact with the metal??????
Anyway, not too sure about how they work, but I definitely dont need to be feeling the bumps more then I do now. But maybe my bushings are done? Concidering the abuse it takes every time I go out driving? How could I find this out?
Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #62
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Lol, wow such a different response from what he told me,

He told me the new bushings would allow the suspension to eat the bumps easier, instead of letting it move around too much/maybe making contact with the metal??????
Anyway, not too sure about how they work, but I definitely dont need to be feeling the bumps more then I do now. But maybe my bushings are done? Concidering the abuse it takes every time I go out driving? How could I find this out?
Your bushings are not done. you need new struts.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote