Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
ladyKay

Drives: 2008 yaris sedan
Talking installing daytime lights to 2008 Yaris Sedan

Hello,

This is my first time posting on here. I may need to relocate soon and regulations to the new location will require daytime running lights. I would prefer to keep my car rather than trading it in for another one that is compliant... am rather attached to it

I am willing to pay a mechanic to do this for me (I am not qualified to do it and will certainly not learn enough on my own by the supposed deadline), just wondering if anybody out there has done it, or had it done, and if even could be done.

Thanks everyone!

PS Sorry if this was already posted somewhere... I couldn't find the search function to see if this post already existed.
ladyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #2
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
Where are you locating to?.

When you bring your car into a new jurisdiction, it usually means that it will have to be certified by the local authority. The work to be performed to achieve the certification is usually carried out by garages recommend by the authority.
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
You can easily have these added and put them with your parking lights or on their own switch:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/DRL...ts-RTDL-01.htm
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
ladyKay

from USA to Canada. Figure I'd save myself the hassle of the deadline by having the work done first, when it's first imported over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetut View Post
Where are you locating to?.

When you bring your car into a new jurisdiction, it usually means that it will have to be certified by the local authority. The work to be performed to achieve the certification is usually carried out by garages recommend by the authority.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
ladyKay

I'll check it out. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
You can easily have these added and put them with your parking lights or on their own switch:
http://shop.microimageonline.com/DRL...ts-RTDL-01.htm
Old 07-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #6
carnageehw

Drives: 2010 Fusion Hybrid
Daytime running lights aren't mandatory in most areas.
carnageehw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #7
shameer_k

Drives: yaris sedan
i found these last night
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/46..._headlamp.html

they install on the lower grill
shameer_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #8
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Actually, mounting the DRL lights seperately is the easy/fun part, it's the wiring logic that makes this a bit of a challenge. However, if you know how a standard automotive relay work and know how to tap to your fusebox wiring then it should be a breeze.

As soon as you start the car, you would want the DRL to come ON automatically if the headlights are in the OFF position (no fiddling with switches, etc.) and you want the DRL to turn OFF automatically when you turn your headlights ON.

Relay Wiring for DIY LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:26 PM   #9
fj40dave

Drives: '08 HB
If you're close to the Seattle/Tacoma area, I can give you a hand with getting it installed.

I took out the DRL relay that my '08 HB came with....does your's not have one? Maybe it's just unplugged? (thinking with my fingers here [aka: outloud])

Dave
fj40dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
thetut

Drives: 2007 4dr sedan
This is where I would start - http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/contact-us.htm

If you can bring in your car temporarily I understand that Canadian Tire outlets are approved to make the appropriate modifications.
thetut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Lot's here run with them disabled because they're uncool.
Likely you just need the DRL module (that we can remove to kill ours) to activate yours.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daytime lights, lights