Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Petition to Toyota Canada for the Turbo!

Hey everybody! By now, I'm sure you've all read about the new Yaris Turbo that Toyota Japan recently released, and plans to start selling in Japan. One site hinted at the possibility of a European model.

I'm asking for your help in convincing Toyota Canada to bring the turbo here. I'm sure there will be some naysayers out there who will flame me and say that they'll never bring it to North America. But c'mon... Toyota brought the Gen 1 yaris HB to Canada (not the States), and Canada was the 2nd country (only after Japan) to get the new Yaris hatchback! I just popped onto Toyota Canada's website, clicked on the Contact Us page, and filled out their little form saying that I wanted to formally register interest in bringing the car to Canada.

As a service to one of your fellow YW'ites, would you please write a quick note to Toyota Canada saying that you'd *love* to have this car here!

Thanks very much!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Heard back from Toyota:

Thank you for your recent correspondence. Currently, there are no plans to add the Yaris Turbo to the Toyota Canada line-up. ... <cut text> ...

However, your interest in the Yaris Turbo has been noted and forwarded to our Product Planning department for their information and future consideration.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Yay! +1 to the petition list. C'mon people!!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
actually, canada is not the 2nd country after japan to get the yaris2.

what we have now is the european spec (in canada anyways). other countries in europe got the car way before us.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
firefly1_0
What the...?

Drives: '06 Blazing Blue 3 door RS.
the Echo HB has always been called the Yaris in europe...

when i was there in the summer of 2006 what we call the yaris was new for them for the 2006 model year.

...and the engine is way smaller.

silly ricer, useless wings are for penguins...
firefly1_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #5
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Yes yes, I know that the Echo was called the Yaris in Europe and other parts of the world. I was talking about the new Yaris... the Mk 2. And yes, Canada was the 2nd country after Japan to get it. It was released in Japan in April 2005, and then Canada in September. Europe started to receive them at the end of 2005.

From the Toyota Canada press release re: the new Yaris:

Canadian car buyers will get to experience the new Yaris in advance of drivers in both Europe and the United States when it goes on sale here this fall, taking the place of best-selling Echo Hatchback. Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #6
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
if anything hopefully they'll bring the 1.8 if the TS goes into production. And how know they'll probably turbo the 1.8
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote