Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
Thalmes

Drives: Toyota Yaris NCP90
16"x7.0 + 44 Rims

I'm currently eyeing on the

WORK Emotion CR Kai 16"x7.0+ 44 ...

Just wondering will it fit onto my 2009 Yaris 5 dr hatchback without rubbing the fender when I've lowered it . I don't want to order something online which I cannot use when it gets here .

Is the width of 7.0 acceptable for a Yaris ?

Experience and feedback are greatly appreciated !
Thalmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
16x7 is fine.

I run 17x7 +40, and im lowered too.

Good to see another Perth Yaris owner. Not many of us on the forums Haha.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
hazzy

pm spookz if you still need more information
he runs the 16" cr kais or 15's im not sure :\
hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #4
lunjiaow

Drives: Yaris
The offset of that will be fine and you wont rub when lowering.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
Thalmes

It's good to hear that . The supplier has the last set as well .

As for the springs , what can you recommend ?I was looking at Tein S Tech and Eibach Pro Kit . Any place that I can go to get springs and installation including wheel alignment and fitting ? I want to do everything at once .

As for 16x7.0+44 , I'll be using 205/45R16 . Am I right ? How low should I go with 16" ? 20mm or 30mm ?

Helps are much appreciated ! Really want to make my Yaris shine and prove my friends wrong !

My car is the 1.3 cc if this matters .
Old 08-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #6
lunjiaow

At first me and ruimond used pedders springs. They are good, but i upgraded to coilovers and ruimond has changed his rear springs to king springs and left the front as pedders.
You could try any suspension store and they can help you out with install and wheel alignment.
Dont even bother trying to prove your friends wrong haha. They will still have a laugh at you. =) I get laughs for it but i dont mind as im saving money as im not spending as much as my friends are on their cars.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Thalmes

Are pedders springs good as In handling ? I heard that kings spring are quite hard and stiff . Is that true ?

I might be going for 17" , went to a local tyre store today and got good offers . Would not bother with branded cause It's not a performance car and is expensive to maintain.

I just want something that looks good .

What do you reckon ?

Is it you or ruimond who changed his headlight and taillight ? Looks superb !
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
lunjiaow

Yeah its not too bad for what you pay i guess. Im not sure about king springs. You will have to ask ruimond.
Yeah 17s will look nice. I've gone thru 17s and 16s, now im looking for a set of 15s to roll around in for daily comfort.

I have changed my rear tail lights and ruimond has headlights.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
Thalmes

Do you mind telling me that where did you get your lights ? I'm kinda interested in switching them.

Is it possible for you to help me get them ?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
Hi there!

I am indeed running the CR KAIs in 16x7 +44. The fitment is fine. The rear will look nicer with some 10/13mm spacers - I'm running 7.5'ish mm spacers in the rear. I'm currently lowered on Tanabe NF210's, which lower the car by 1.1/1.3" (F/R). I'm currently running the rims with 195/50R16 tyres and they are fine. I'm considering 205/50R16 next time around, because 195/50R16 is way too expensive.. Just so you know, the 195/50R16 is closest to the OEM rolling diameter.

Here's a photo for your reference:

Hope that helps!
Kenneth

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #11
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalmes View Post
Are pedders springs good as In handling ? I heard that kings spring are quite hard and stiff . Is that true ?

I might be going for 17" , went to a local tyre store today and got good offers . Would not bother with branded cause It's not a performance car and is expensive to maintain.

I just want something that looks good .

What do you reckon ?

Is it you or ruimond who changed his headlight and taillight ? Looks superb !
King springs are abit softer actually, but not to much difference between the two. The coil actually looks different after getting it, but a few people have said they are the same spring. Which might not be the truth.

How much of a drop are you wanting? Pedders/Kings that you can source locally don't give as much of a drop as the TEINS S.Techs which is 1.9"f/1.9"r i think.

As has been said in the earlier post i have just mixed pedders at the front and kings at the rear. Only did that as the King rear's sit abit lower then the pedders rear's.

If your keen and not wanting the lowest ride but an ok amount of drop, im willing to sell my set of pedders rear springs at a decent price. They have hardly any KM's on them maybe 10,000-15,000km at most or less. I can meet up with you or something.

Then you can just buy a set of new front pedders springs to match, would save you abit of $$$.

Let me know what you decide on, as their just sitting in the box doing nothing. Haha.

Headlights or Tails you might be able to get something from Ebay, otherwise u'll have to source it from out of Australia.

Cheers

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 08-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
Thalmes

Spookz - hey nice rims you have there ! I might be going for a 17" . I'll be going to the tyre store tomorrow . Quite excited !!

Ruimond - I'm looking at brand new . Sorry man . So where did you source your lights ? Were the springs comfortable ? Let it be kings or pedders .

I don't want to go too low because I have to pick people up most of the time. what store can I go to to get a good deal for springs ?

I'm going for either 16 or 17 . So a drop of roughly 10mm ? ?

What's the legal limit ?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #13
ruimond

No worries.

Yeah its not to bad, its not going to be the most comfortable without upgrading your shocks as well. But its not bad at all.

Pedders and Kings give more then 10mm of a drop. And its still abit high in the rear. Haha. Think their both between 25-30mm drop. And may settle abit over time maybe 5mm more possibly.

Not sure what the legal limit is, but if you go with either brand its gonna be fine. As their heights are legal.

I got my headlights from Ebay, but i don't use them anymore.

Cheers

Old 08-03-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
The drop is not dependent on your rim size. As long as you use the correct size tire to maintain the original rolling diameter, then a car with 16" rims with 1.5" drop, will be the same height as the same car with 17" rims and a 1.5" drop - as long as the rolling diameter of the tires are the same. I hope that makes sense.

I'm unsure of the legal limit in WA, but in NSW we're legally covered by insurance up to 2" from factory size. And rim width can be increased by 1-1.5", I forget which it is.

Your car will sit at a nice practical height for a daily that needs to pick customers with a 1.5" drop. 2" and you might scrub on dips like crazy with a full load in the rear.

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
Thalmes

Ruimond - oh you're not using them anymore ? Why not ? Planning to sell them ? I might be interested . Haha

Spookz - so a 1.5" would be ideal for either 16" and17" ? I hope I get this right. I don't pick people up everyday . It's just sometimes when I'm going out with friends or family coming to visit me. other than that it's only me . so what do you reckon ?

I wanna make my car low but not that low. was looking at lovells but I'm not sure which model . How did you guys get spring for toyota yaris ? Mine is a NCP90 and some springs doesn't even have this. I know tat kings and tanabe does .
Old 08-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Cool..very informative.Sometimes I have passengers in the Yaris.What's the best drop so you don't scrub? Stock shock + kings spring combo will be all right, right? Its cheaper than Coils.So from what I read here most don't bother changing the stock shocks just the spring might as well do that to save cash.Roughly how much would is cost to install the springs?

Thanks.
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #17
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalmes View Post
Ruimond - oh you're not using them anymore ? Why not ? Planning to sell them ? I might be interested . Haha

I wanna make my car low but not that low. was looking at lovells but I'm not sure which model . How did you guys get spring for toyota yaris ? Mine is a NCP90 and some springs doesn't even have this. I know tat kings and tanabe does .
Yeah im not using them anymore. Actually Lunjiaow has them at the moment. Their kinda stuffed up on the lens, i tried to repair the peeling clear coat but made it worse. So he tried to fix it to but doesn't look the same. Unless you can experience with repairing the clear coat layer of a headlight then im sure their avaliable lol. But otherwise i'd just get some new ones.

Yeah lovells has springs too, i think WA Suspensions in Osbourne Park stock them. You can also try them for Kings. I heard they may be able to order TEIN too. Give them a ring maybe.

Yeah NCP90 is the same as ours, but sometimes it might say NCP91 i think. Depends on the manufacturer.

All the brands you already mentioned have springs for our cars. TEIN, Kings, Pedders, Lovells, Tanabe, TRD and some others. I'd say just go for something local if your not to fussed about being to low.

If you want i might be able to show you my car with Pedders/Kings Combo with 17's to give you an idea of how it looks in person. Then you can decide from there if you want. I'm south of the river, so if you somewhere around there i can show you sometime when your free. Not sure if you want to close your eyes to the other mods i have, it might get you wanting other things LOL.

Cheers

Old 08-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #18
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
Cool..very informative.Sometimes I have passengers in the Yaris.What's the best drop so you don't scrub? Stock shock + kings spring combo will be all right, right? Its cheaper than Coils.So from what I read here most don't bother changing the stock shocks just the spring might as well do that to save cash.Roughly how much would is cost to install the springs?

Thanks.
Yeah kings springs with stock combo is fine. You won't scrub, just make sure you run not to wide of a tyre a 205 or 215 in 16 or 17 is fine.

Think cost to install varies from different places, but i paid about $600-650+ for my pedders springs. As its about 3hrs+ of labour. Though you might be able to get away with cheaper at other places.