Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-27-2015, 08:18 PM   #1
CT_CJ

Drives: 2010 Base
Modifying\improving Fog Light Wiring

First of cheers for any assistance in advance!

I have a 2010 that I just acquired and am going about the usual mods (fogs and rear sway). Anywho my gf got me set of fogs off ebay [appreciate the gesture..but would have rather selected them myself]. At any rate with a lil putzing I figured out how to install (not too hard to figure), however I would rather not drill my firewall if I didn't have to.

I did see that some people buy the factory stalk, but I'd rather not remove the wheel and am quite ok with adding a switch near the aux in for these. So I am wondering if it is possible to tie into the fuse box under the bonnet and tie into the fuse panel inside the cabin using the switch instead of the stalk?

Here is a picture of the kit wiring

http://imgur.com/oanvpZG

Cheers and beers to anyone who can be of assistance.
CT_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #2
CT_CJ

Found a good spot above the ECU on the passenger side and poked a home in the carpet and am home free as far as that goes.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:28 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The generic kits can be very problematic, as far as both the quality of the switch and the relay.

The Yaris is actually ready for fog lights with minimal wiring changes, but unfortunately only the OEM and MicroImage (no longer in business) kits took advantage of the OEM setup for fogs.

A foglight kit should not require connection to constant power, so I would double check the included instructions to see if that is really necessary.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
CT_CJ

Thank you. Yeah it seemed odd and haven't fully hooked it up yet as that didn't sit right. Thanks. Yeah, its a shame the microimage kits aren't around anymore.

I will say though, working on this car seems incredibly easy this far. Compared to any other fwd vehicles I've owned I can access most everything fairly easily. Maintenance items are easier than on my mustang funny enough.
Also from CT? Don't see many fellow nutmeggers on sites too often.
Old 12-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
its because we usually keep to ourselves or the struggle to pay taxes is too real. :P
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Not much to chime in on this really. Most people here usually don't post unless they have useful information. Which I do not have for you other than try going for the OEM setup, and you don't want to hear that I know
Old 12-14-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_CJ View Post
Thank you. Yeah it seemed odd and haven't fully hooked it up yet as that didn't sit right. Thanks. Yeah, its a shame the microimage kits aren't around anymore.

I will say though, working on this car seems incredibly easy this far. Compared to any other fwd vehicles I've owned I can access most everything fairly easily. Maintenance items are easier than on my mustang funny enough.
Also from CT? Don't see many fellow nutmeggers on sites too often.
Where in CT are you located? I have everything necessary to convert the ebay kit to the MicroImage kit (as I used to build the harnesses for MicroImage).
Old 12-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #8
CT_CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
its because we usually keep to ourselves or the struggle to pay taxes is too real. :P
Too true, they are kicking over rocks looking for quarters.

CTScott I am in eastern CT, New London atm, but Norwich soon for work.