Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #1
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Exclamation Blitz Super Charger - Running Lean

Sup guys anyone encountered an issue with BOOST not kicking in at HI setting?

My low and med settings work but HI doesn't work. Let me know if someone can help me with this.
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD

Last edited by AzianCuz; 08-20-2015 at 09:44 PM.
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
HI actuates with the throttle at a high level. I would not worry about it, as actuating the clutch at high RPM really beats the snot out of the supercharger. If you really want to fix it, check the switch assembly for a bent pin where the small connector plugs into the back of it.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Question Running Lean

Yup tested it out last night, it works. But now my MAF sensor was throwing an error so I cleaned it and it worked, now I get a lean error code, I am running DC headers, DC exhaust and DC cold air intake. You think this problem can be fixed with an Aftermarket MAF sensor?

Actually I cleaned out the MAF sensor last night and the gasket o-ring came off, that might be throwing this new code? As far as a leak?

On a side note: If I get a performance MAF sensor and 1zz Injectors do I need any special tuning?

BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD

Last edited by AzianCuz; 08-20-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Fixed Reason
Old 08-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #4
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
Try 1zz injectors. I am using those injectors and getting afr in d 11's at wot.
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:39 AM   #5
AzianCuz
conundrum562

If I get a performance MAF sensor and 1zz Injectors do I need any special tuning?
Old 08-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #6
KTS

Don't know about a performance maf sensor but the factory ecu should handle the 1zz injectors just fine.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17826
Old 08-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #7
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Talking 1ZZ Injectors

Hmmm more fuel output = frequent gas fills = more $$$

or is it worth it?

In other news I just got this gauge for my setup!

Old 08-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #8
KTS

I installed the 255cc 1zz injectors and was thinking the car will run constantly rich however I was surprised to learn that even with partial throttle driving around town/city my afr is on par with the target afr so I don't expect to see a significant drop in gas mileage unless I drive more aggressive or live in boost. Maybe others who use the 1zz injectors could comment on gas mileage.
Is it worth it having to buy a replacement engine and pay mechanic fees instead??
Old 08-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
With 1ZZ injectors (green) I can consistently stay at 14.7 while cruising. On WOT, it drops to 12 almost immediately and the fuel economy tanks to about 5 mpg. I haven't fitted my wideband AFR gauge, but I'd be willing to bet it drops to about 10 under full boost.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:09 PM   #10
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Please confirm if either injectors will work, it's funny because they both are *23250-0D050* so I am super confused... Or if you guys can link me to the injectors I should get for the Blitz S/C.

I am running all stock except (DC - Headers, Exhaust, Intake)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Denso-23...d1650b&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Toyota-1ZZ...81ddc3&vxp=mtr

Last edited by AzianCuz; 08-21-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #11
KTS

After doing some Google searches it seems that 23250-22040, 23250-0D040 and 23250-0D050 all have the same 255cc/min flow rate. I paid $42usd with free shipping for my 23250-22040 about 2 months ago. Why pay more if they are identical except for part numbers. You should confirm this info before purchasing as I am still learning about the 1nzfe engine.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:31 AM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTS View Post
After doing some Google searches it seems that 23250-22040, 23250-0D040 and 23250-0D050 all have the same 255cc/min flow rate. I paid $42usd with free shipping for my 23250-22040 about 2 months ago. Why pay more if they are identical except for part numbers. You should confirm this info before purchasing as I am still learning about the 1nzfe engine.
Correct - Those all have the same flow rating and will all fit the Yaris.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:27 AM   #13
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Question 1ZZ Fuel Injectors

So I went ahead and ordered these, since people had good results and CEL going away after upgrading to the 1ZZ PN 23250-0D050:

I confirmed it's 288cc

Hopefully my lean code goes away? You guys have any other solutions for this lean code P0171?

Last edited by AzianCuz; 08-24-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #14
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Make sure your AFR sensor is in good working order.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 AM   #15
AzianCuz
conundrum562

MAF Sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Make sure your AFR sensor is in good working order.
As far as I know it works. I tested with the Live Scan Snap On OBDII and it reads. Also I've cleaned the sensor. So hopefully these injectors do the trick and take off my lean code.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #16
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

What I meant by that is are you sure it's giving you a correct reading. The O2 sensor on my car was working with no codes but the sensor was not reading the full scale and cause the car to run super rich. An AFR sensor works opposite to an O2 sensor so it would make the car run lean even if it's still working but not reading the full scale.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #17
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
What I meant by that is are you sure it's giving you a correct reading. The O2 sensor on my car was working with no codes but the sensor was not reading the full scale and cause the car to run super rich. An AFR sensor works opposite to an O2 sensor so it would make the car run lean even if it's still working but not reading the full scale.
Ahh got you, so you are saying I may have a defective MAF sensor? I should have bought a new one but went to the injector route first, seeing that everyone who used the 1ZZ had no problems and better performance. Once I get the injectors and install them, if I am still getting lean I will replace the MAF sensor.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:02 AM   #18
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

I have not mentioned MAF at all. Where did that come from?