Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #1
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Made an addition in Suplimental Bass with the stock HU

Not a lot of people have chosen to add some supplimental speakers without changing out the factory Head Unit, but I did so today, and thought it was quite easy and fun.

Splice into rear speaker wires, plug 'em into the output converter, run the RCA cables from the output converter to the amp. Rock On!

output converter I'm using:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4...tput+converter
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Hell yeah, splicing FTW :) Thats the way I did my first sub stage install. Good times. Its cheap and effective :)
Old 09-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
I'll post some pics tonight when I get off work... Got the amp and the line converter hidden underneath the cover that goes over the spare tire (they are attached to the underside of it...)
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Slick

Drives: '09 3-Dr
Send a message via MSN to Slick
Well, to beat you to the punch...