Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #19
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
Could you use one of these with a regular engine? Or would it not have any affect?

If you can get it to work, yes...you can use it with a stock engine and yes, it would def have an affect. Trouble is 1nz ECU is finicky...not as easy to play with as some of the more popular ECUs out there, so no one is 100% sure what works and what doesn't. I think this will be the first emanage ultimate up and running around here, if the shop can get it working.

peterpoop, are you just running the greddy harness that they sell for the NCP91, or you still running the universal? You already install, or shop doing that for you?

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 AM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LlIoN View Post

peterpoop, are you just running the greddy harness that they sell for the NCP91, or you still running the universal? You already install, or shop doing that for you?
Hi,

I am still going to be using the universal harness. The shop wants to install the harness themselves, so if something happens, they will know that they wired it and what not.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #21
etheliters

Drives: 07 yaris hatch
so this thing is also a piggyback?
Old 04-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #22
PETERPOOP

yah i believe so. they will unhook the current fuel controller that came with the blitz kit, and rewire this one up. this one has more options and will allow you to control abunch of different things, that the fuel controller had already had set for a conservative tune.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #23
etheliters

why ultimate not just a greddy blue?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #24
H3LlIoN

Haha he got a sweet deal on the ultimate.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by etheliters View Post
so this thing is also a piggyback?

Yes, ultimate is still piggyback.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #26
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Haha he got a sweet deal on the ultimate.
Ya, and the ultimate is supposed to better.. and the blue is suppose to suck. That's just what I heard though...
Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #27
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Ya, and the ultimate is supposed to better.. and the blue is suppose to suck. That's just what I heard though...

LOL nice technical language there.

"The Blue does pretty much everything the Ultimate does including timing/ignition and the ablity to bypass the AFM and use MAP sensors. The bigger differences are the 16x16 mapping vs 8x8 so you can fine tune better, ability to auto tune, in that you can install a wideband Lambda and the unit will try to keep within your defined A/F ratio, USB interface and some other little tweaks."

And from the Greddy site:

Blue:

Greddy E-MANAGE - ENGINE CONTROL UNIT MANAGER
Greddy e-Manage is an inexpensive programmable fuel management system that allows you to properly tune your factory fuel system without having to change the entire factory ECU system to an expensive "stand-alone" unit. The e-Manage system is a universal "piggy-back" type unit which taps into most Japanese factory ECU wiring, by utilizing the existing sensors. Basic functions will allow the user to slightly alter factory injector duty-cycle (± 20% at 5 preset RPM points) by intercepting and altering airflow or MAP sensor signals. For Honda VTEC cars you can adjust the VTEC shift point. Additional features are built into the system but are only accessible through the use of the e0-1 programmer or our PC-Windows based "e-Manage Support Tool" communication software (Please see our Authorized GReddy Support Dealers for more information). There is a 16x16 airflow adjustment map, larger main injector correction adjustment, upgrade air flow meter adjustment, boost limiter cut, anti-engine stall, VTEC-fuel adjustment, real-time map trace, real-time display, real-time communication and basic Data-logging. With the use of our "Optional Injector Harness" and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 injector duty cycle map and the controls for adding up to 2 additional sub-injectors. If the "Optional Ignition Harness" and the software are used the unit has the ability to control a 16x16 ignition timing map. All of the above maps can also be map-traced in real-time as well. If the factory range of map or airflow meter is surpassed, you can incorporate our "Optional GReddy Pressure Sensor and Pressure Harness" to set larger scales of adjustment. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

Ultimate:

The GReddy e-manage Ultimate is as close to a stand-alone management system as you can get while maintaining the best features of a "piggy-back" engine management; an economical price, the usage of existing sensors, the ability to easily alter factory settings and not having to tune from scratch. But unlike the original e-manage, the Ultimate is more refined, requiring specific application usage (which we are constantly adding application updates that you can download FREE via greddy.com, Tech WebPages.) The benefit of this is, the included PC-based USB "Ultimate Support Tool" allows for even finer tuning capabilities, improved flexibility in fuel & ignition control and adds impressive data-logging qualities to make tuning quicker and easier. The increased number of input and output ports of the Ultimate, along with new built-in adapters add many new options to the unit. In addition to standard e-manage airflow-based adjustments, the Ultimate version includes new and upgraded features. The Parameter Set-up, tab menu format of the Ultimate has improved direct Map control for adding and subtracting Fuel and Ignition. The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. There are Maps for Individual cylinder adjustment for both Fuel and Ignition. There are also options to convert injection and ignition systems (i.e. group or sequential injection and group or individual fire ignition.) An Airflow Output Map option even allows for airflow meter elimination. And when used with a wideband A/F Meter, the Air Fuel Target Map can self-tune an Injector base tuning Map, to speed up initial tuning. There are also built-in Boost, Rev and Speed Limiter-Cut features. To create super smooth operation, there are various fine tuning Correction Maps to adjust for Throttle Acceleration, Vehicle Speed, Water Temp, Intake Temp, Auto Trans Shift, Anti Engine Stall, and Idle. To further aid in tuning, e-manage Ultimate’s improved integrated Monitoring, Map Tracing and Datalogging features far exceed any other piggyback controller on the market. Even when not connected to the software, 8 channels of datalogging (at 20msec intervals) can be recorded and stored to be reviewed later. With the Support Tool connected, over 30 channels can be covered. Other new features include: Improved RPM recognition, Warning Settings, Password Protection for individual tuning Maps, NVCS (Nissan), VTEC (Honda), O2 Feed-back, Clean Fouled Plugs, and numerous others in future updates. Ideal for optimizing and fine-tuning for performance products like Exhaust, Air Intake, Intercoolers, Boost Controllers, and Turbochargers, the e-manage Ultimate fills the gaps between conventional piggyback and expensive stand-alone engine managements. All installation and tuning should only be made by a trained technician with proper air/fuel monitoring tools. (Some or all functions may not be compatible with some applications.)

Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #28
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
the blue is suppose to suck.
Just to shoot this one down right now, ChinoCharles' turbo setup is screaming now, thanks to his Emanage Blue.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #29
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Just to shoot this one down right now, ChinoCharles' turbo setup is screaming now, thanks to his Emanage Blue.
Chino made "158 WHP and 148 TQ" @ 7 lbs w/emanage
I made "155WHP and 135 TQ @ 4 lbs on the factory ECU
That why Peter doesnt have confidence on the blue
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #30
etheliters

I'm confused about the ultimate description saying specific applications . Is there a yaris listed I didn't know of?
Only listing is up to 05...
Which is in use here? duh....
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #31
H3LlIoN

Quote:
I'm confused about the ultimate description saying specific applications . Is there a yaris listed I didn't know of?
Only listing is up to 05...
Which is in use here? duh....
He's using the universal harness, which requires cut/splice.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #32
H3LlIoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
I would challenge you two to use the same dyno. I would imagine your results will differ. Furthermore, his current tune was aimed not so much at making a ton of power as it was ironing out the kinks in the kit that were doing things like causing misses and CELs. He actually dyno'd significantly less than his current numbers on the last tune, which is a testament to how important it is to know what you are doing when it comes to tuning computer systems. The same goes for the Ultimate, although [hopefully] it won't be an issue, since poop seems to have done his research and found a knowledgeable tuner. Such was not the case with Charles the first go around, and I have no doubt that, with time, they will be able to further tune and tweak the blue to increase his power.

Last edited by H3LlIoN; 04-26-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:40 AM   #33
etheliters

K. I think I get it now. Is the s/c activation sw still operable there poop? H3 do you know?
Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #34
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
Chinos wastegate is also fluttering causing him not to get as much power as he can be. Also he is running proper AFR while the factory ECU will lean you out to 14.7 every time.

You and chino are using the same turbo?
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 AM   #35
H3LlIoN

Quote:
K. I think I get it now. Is the s/c activation sw still operable there poop? H3 do you know?
AFAIK, the s/c activation switch would still be operable. The piggyback systems get wired in to the factory harness, and are designed to edit/alter/adjust fuel and ignition curves.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
How are you going to tell the eManage that boost is not coming on, coming on at 25, 50 or 75% throttle, as determined by the positions of the activation switch?

Isn't that four maps?

With respect to aftermarket management, it would be cool to rewire so the s/c is always on, and not dependent on throttle position. More boost, sooner, and tunable.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote