Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #19
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Has the car really changed that much from the 2011? I am just curious because the car rental that I have this week is an 11. I am honestly not any more impressed that driving my Yaris...actually like my sedan more. Maybe I am smoking crack, but my car seems to get up and go faster as well as feeling more nimble than the focus. Lastly I get much better mileage even if I drive mine hard. I really despise the total intergration of the radio into the dash. I know that it has it's purpose, but in all honesty a company should NOT hamstring their customers by forcing them to keep what they are offering from the factory. This is especially true for those buying the "top" titanium model. You would have to think that if someone is going to drop that kind of cash on the top model then it is at least a 60% chance that they would want to customize the head unit. Shrugs...just my opinion.

Case in point. I would LOVE to have this head unit. It runs Ubuntu 10.1 and oh yeah, by the way, it has a built in 3G modem so you can listen to Pandora, Slacker, etc natively.

The all new 2012 Focus couldn't be further from the 2011. The only similarity is that they both have 4 wheels. The current Focus is garbage in comparison. The new one sets a new world standard among compacts.

BTW, the new Focus SE SFE has officially been rated at 40 MPG highway by the EPA as of today.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote