Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2023, 08:47 PM   #1
Ecefour

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
2012-2017 Yaris Radio in a 2007

I've wanted Bluetooth in my 2007 yaris. Problem is I find most aftermarket radios totally hideous, but the LE and SE 2012-17 models have a stock radio I like.

I just had a few questions. I know these are really specific questions, but hey! Maybe I'll get lucky and somebody will have an answer.

1. I know the third gen Yaris has 6 speakers while the 2nd gen only has 4. Will this cause any issues?

2. Is there anyway to keep the stock aux port functional on my 07?

3. The third generation comes with hands free phone controls. I believe the mic is located between the dome lights. Is there a factory location to install a mic the second gen Yaris without cutting or drilling?

4. Are there any other problems I should consider before buying a this radio?

Thanks.
Ecefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
assuming its designed similarly to the pinoneers in the scions, the front tweeters in the upper doors is wired alongside the main door speakers and its "6 channel" they just y in the door
as far as the wheel controls id bet if you got the correct snail and some bits of wiring you could easily add them since its just a couple wires off the radio to the controls and nothing more..they dont snake around..the only "wire that does is one for the illumination
as far as the aux goes thats going to greatly depend on the head unit...some of them are setup for it some arnt..so "if" the head is setup for it you might have to move pins in the harness

on the mic..youll just have to figure out where its mounted and go from there..most aftermarket units have it built into the front of the unit.....idealy pull the OE unit and just find a better place to mount it

imo the biggest concern would be having the OE harness for the head unit...as well as a wiring diagram so you can move pins etc to get it wired right...but with that said..toyota hasnt moved pic on stuff since the 90s..so high probablility its a direct plug n play..but with things like the mic and wheel controls this is where having the matching harness is very usefull
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:51 PM   #3
Ecefour

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
The speaker connectors look the same so I'm going to assume it's a plug a play thing. Like you said most Toyotas have used the same speaker connectors since the 80s/90s. This is the unit I'm currently considering: https://images.crutchfieldonline.com...4000/radio.jpg. Sadly they appear to somewhat-uncommon. I saw a couple expensive ones eBay, but none at my local junkyards within the past few months.

As far as steering wheel controls goes, my car doesn't have them. I might swap in a 3rd gen SE wheel at some point, but for the time being I'm on a budget. Buying a new wheel, airbag, clock spring is just too much . For me steering wheel controls are a nice plus but not a necessity.

As for the mic, I'm content with skipping it all together. Problem is I've read some Toyota/Scion head units wont enable Bluetooth unless a mic is connected. This seems to be a bit odd though. Can you confirm that?

I'm still leaning towards the SE radio I mentioned, but I'd like to hear your opinion, do you have any specific head unit recommendations? I know Scion units are a popular choice, but there are still several options.

I have 3 necessities:
1. Bluetooth connectivity.
2. No touch screen. I want physical buttons.
3. No flashy design. I want it to look simple like the rest of the interior.

Then 2 things I want, but am willing to compromise on.
1. Retain AUX functionality.
2. This is very nitpicky, but i want my radio to say "Toyota" and not "Scion".
Ecefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 01:18 PM   #4
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
"if" a mic is required there is no reason you would have to do anything beyond just stuff it into the dash with the unit

retaining aux is going to come down to if the unit has been built for an external hookup for it PERIOD...with that said i think "most" of the higher end units "should" have it ..confirming it will come down to going thru toyota parts, pulling up the head unit part number, then looking at the "whats this fit" and looking at car models, then cross referance the car models with the console wiring to see if they have an aux port...that "should" verify aux availibility on the head unit..but without testing to verify its neerly impossible to know for sure...and short of the person who finalized the design of the unit you wont likly find a 100% answer

the only reason i mention scion specificly as im more familiar with them over the standard toyota, but to be frank its just some paint and still the same units across the board based on "option price"

my recomendation is to buy from a place you can return it if you find it doesnt have X option and or doesnt work without the mic...tho i imagine the mic is likely 2-3 pins coming off the main plug in the harness in which case you may find that the wiring "might" exist and your just missing the mic, OR that you just need to add any generic mic to those pins..it doesnt need to be mounted
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2023, 03:32 AM   #5
sotiiw
I've made a post!

Drives: sca
Such as in high voltage power electronics or sensitive measurement systems. Ceramic circuit boards also offer excellent resistance to ceramic PCB thermal shock. They can withstand rapid temperature changes without cracking or delamination.
sotiiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #6
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
anyone know the part number of the Yaris SE head unit?
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 04:16 PM   #7
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
anyone know the part number of the Yaris SE head unit?
If you mean the one that looks like this it's PT546-52121. It's what I have in my 2014 SE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (80.4 KB, 87 views)
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 05:32 PM   #8
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
If you mean the one that looks like this it's PT546-52121. It's what I have in my 2014 SE.
no not that one but the one woth the touch screen, it has the number t10028 on front but i cant find any pics of one with the part number
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 04:00 AM   #9
garoheva
Banned

Drives: vsv
I need to convert my audio content into different formats to cater to a broader audience. The SoundCloud Converter has been instrumental in this process, allowing me to convert my podcasts and music tracks into various formats.
garoheva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 07:59 AM   #10
fipysyla
Banned

Drives: sjca
While content is crucial, a visually appealing layout can enhance readability and make your resume stand out. Utilize a Resume writing help balanced design with appropriate white space, consistent font choices and clear headings.
fipysyla is offline   Reply With Quote