Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #1
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Bumping up my thread cuz its already filled with so much Ecometer info.

I have proven at least one so far that, the Ecometer is accurate to 0.002% (too high) on stock intake. On the AFE dry filter type 2 short ram it was consistenly ~10% too high AND using more fuel.

On my latest fill up (10.119gal/last bar blinking), i got

34.2mpg Reading / 34.12mpg actual
Compared with AFE
~35.6mpg Reading / 32.7mpg actual

I never touched the eco-meter settings. so the only thing changed is the airbox replaced, one thing to note is i ran these two tests on stock size tires, the 185-60-15 flavor, reset ECU, cleaned MAF sensor with MAF cleaner spray, mix of Neutral/DFCO. Ironic enough I also drove much more spirited on the stock box, and dropped .4mpg cuz i idled to power my sub when i was doing some settings.

I have no idea why the eco-meter reads higher value than actual with more air, which should equate to more fuel burned. So there you have it, stock air box/TIRES = perfect accuracy.

Ill do another tank on stock box, to prove without a doubt. Tho it sucks to roll on steelies...

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
KrazyDawg

Drives: 08 3dr LB AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
Bumping up my thread cuz its already filled with so much Ecometer info.

I have proven at least one so far that, the Ecometer is accurate to 0.002% (too high) on stock intake. On the AFE dry filter type 2 short ram it was consistenly ~10% too high AND using more fuel.

On my latest fill up (10.119gal/last bar blinking), i got

34.2mpg Reading / 34.12mpg actual
Compared with AFE
~35.6mpg Reading / 32.7mpg actual

I never touched the eco-meter settings. so the only thing changed is the airbox replaced, one thing to note is i ran these two tests on stock size tires, the 185-60-15 flavor, reset ECU, cleaned MAF sensor with MAF cleaner spray, mix of Neutral/DFCO. Ironic enough I also drove much more spirited on the stock box, and dropped .4mpg cuz i idled to power my sub when i was doing some settings.

I have no idea why the eco-meter reads higher value than actual with more air, which should equate to more fuel burned. So there you have it, stock air box/TIRES = perfect accuracy.

Ill do another tank on stock box, to prove without a doubt. Tho it sucks to roll on steelies...
I have a K&N air filter, stock tires, and steelies but my ecometer EFF was adjusted to 94 to make it 0.2% accurate. I also run my tire pressure at max sidewell of 44 PSI.

KrazyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote