Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #37
MrJester

Drives: homo
but if it goes to PM we have nothing to laugh about.

BTW new ot the forums but still laughing my ass off at this one.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #38
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
same here.

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
Old 02-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #39
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Yeah man i love to see Nimble give peoples negative feedback.....It's fun.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:24 PM   #40
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984 View Post
Yeah man i love to see Nimble give peoples negative feedback.....It's fun.
If you want the honest truth about me, here goes.

I'm an asshole only if I get disrespectful comments on topics I'm well aware of.....examples (tires, wheels, nutrition, exercise, etc) I don't go around claiming I know everything about forced induction or body kits do I? But when it comes to suspension, wheels, tires, you know the basics, yes I know a lot. If you guys knew how many car sites I am a active member on, it would freak you out, let's just say WELL over 10K posts between them all. And sure, that doesn't make you knowledgeable alone, but Ive been into cars my ENTIRE life. No, I haven't just "sat" in the Lotus, NSX, etc. My father used to let me take them for 50+ miles trips to cruise my college, lol, you should see the looks on people's faces when you go by at 8000rpm in a mid engine NSX.

Overall though, I'm a easy guy to get along with, as long as you aren't one of those kids that would be like; "Our 20' Bayliner (aka suckliner) goes 75 mph no problem. When I, drove our 22' Donzi with 502 mag personally to a GPS of 74. I don't BS, I don't fuck with people, I tell it like it is. You want to run 275's on a 8" wide wheel? Be my guest. Just don't go fucking telling everyone you're right, because you aren't. Period. End of story.

Way I see it, we need more people like me that stop all the fucking ricers from roaming the forums with their heads stuck up their asses. You know ending things like the following....

1-"Ricer math "Hey man, I got a intake (10hp), bb throttle body (7hp), catback exhaust (8hp), and a chip (12hp).....I GOT'S DA 37HP GAIN YO!!!!"

2-Ricer thoughs on body kits..."Hey yo dawg, I got's da winnnnggg on my Sentra, it makes it da staaabees in da turnzzzz"

3-"Those neon lights sure do beat wit da bazzz yo.....da bitchaz luv it"

4-"NAWWWWSSSS BABYYY" It's Nitrous Oxide numb nuts.

5-"Supras RRRUUULLLEEE!!!, shit your Z06 is slow, only 400rwhp, my SSSUUUPPPRRRAAA has 1000039348234rwhp, but runs a 13.2 at 158mph. Itz fas yo!"

That should cover some bases.

If I offended you, you're probably a ricer. Get help now before it's too late.

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Old 02-23-2007, 08:25 PM   #41
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Problem is that I HAVE posted factual info, hey look at my first post dumbass. Besides what am I wasting my time for? You're a dude named Ashley that probably has bitch tits. I hear flamers in costa rica like them though, he sure has sucked on them enough in this thread.
Wow you are a sight to behold.

I guess congratulations are in order because you are much better that the rest of us. I was thinking back on all of your truly informative and insightful posts and compiled a list of why everyone here should respect you.

You got your Yaris for thousands under invoice due to your shrewd negotiation skills.

You are a champion body builder and professional nutritionist.

You are a world class autocross racer with many national titles.

One of the top suspension engineers the world has ever seen.

A connoisseur of all things automotive. You driven things none of the rest of us could even hope to see in person.

Personally owned 7 BMWs (don't forget some were ///Ms!!!!).

Now you own a Yaris in which you removed the hubcaps.

I’m sure there is a lot more that I have missed because I just now am seeing your true brilliance.

I'm sorry we have brought you to the stage where you cry and call everyone names. It is a shame that you are just too limited to think of anything else to say to me or anyone else.

Ashley
Old 02-23-2007, 08:26 PM   #42
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
I repeat:

If you guys (Nimble, largeorangefront) must continue to battle back and forth, take it to Private Messaging please...There are some of us on this forum who would like topics to stay on topic...

TAKE IT TO PM!!!

Thanks
I totally respect your opinion, and yes I took it too far. But I ask one thing of you, please read my FIRST post in this thread, and tell me if it didn't "pertain to the topic at hand?"

Old 02-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #43
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
Wow you are a sight to behold.

I guess congratulations are in order because you are much better that the rest of us. I was thinking back on all of your truly informative and insightful posts and compiled a list of why everyone here should respect you.

You got your Yaris for thousands under invoice due to your shrewd negotiation skills.

You are a champion body builder and professional nutritionist.

You are a world class autocross racer with many national titles.

One of the top suspension engineers the world has ever seen.

A connoisseur of all things automotive. You driven things none of the rest of us could even hope to see in person.

Personally owned 7 BMWs (don't forget some were ///Ms!!!!).

Now you own a Yaris in which you removed the hubcaps.

I’m sure there is a lot more that I have missed because I just now am seeing your true brilliance.

I'm sorry we have brought you to the stage where you cry and call everyone names. It is a shame that you are just too limited to think of anything else to say to me or anyone else.

Ashley

I am no where near a pro bodybuilder, I got 3rd in heavyweight in a local comp, that's all. But yes, I managed a GNC for a few years, have been a personal trainer on and off, and yes, it's a passion of mine.

I don't claim to know poetry, or politics, or even religion, but if you hit cars, exercise, of golf I'll drop some knowledge on you, that's all.

Respect what I posted FIRST in this thread, and I'll back off, it's that easy.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #44
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
I like nimble. I started talking to him in an arugement similar to this, I pmed him got to know him and he is pretty good guy, knowledgable to boot. All i have to say large orange if you want the fire to go out stop dumping fuel on it.

This is still some funny sh*t.

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
Old 02-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #45
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Guys, the thing is, neither of you are really wrong or really right. As far as I understand there is no 1+1=2 exact answer to most things when we talk about cars. There's always a tradeoff somewhere, something that will work better in one aspect and worse in another. On the same rim, a wider tire should give you more grip, at the expense of sidewall flexing, while a narrower tire will not flex as much, giving more precise handling, even though the contact patch (and absolute grip) is relatively smaller. So, which actually ends up giving better handling? Which one can make you go around a curve at a higher speed? You can make all the educated guesses you want, base yourself on experience, but apart from trying out many different combinations and actually doing some extensive testing on a skidpad with a G sensor, who can say for sure? And you can't generalize either, something that works good on one car might not work as well on another, there are so many variables to keep in mind like the car's weight and weight distribution, the different suspension designs and settings, even the driver's skill and handling preference!

Heck you guys even agreed at one point that there is no absolute answer here. You're both very knowledgeable and have a lot more experience than many of us, and we welcome the sharing of this knowledge. But, always keep in mind that not everyone will agree with you, humans are by nature thick-headed and opinionated

Then it degenerated to name calling and "who's got a bigger ego". We don't need this here. So, please, guys, agree to disagree, keep it civil, keep it professional, and this place will be all the better for it. I don't want to have to close down this thread and remove all unnecessary posts.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:35 AM   #46
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Quote:
I prefer to stay away from third world countries with no running water but thanks. Maybe us rich people will wave hello as we pass by on my cruise this summer.
Thanks for your kind words... I can tell you're pretty inform about foreign affairs and the economics from us "third world countries". Plz don't mind my words... I must be sick from drinking all this tanked water. It's a shame that with all your "Richness" you still feel the necessity to go down on people the way you do. I would have thought that a first class education came along with a first class country. But I guess I'm wrong.

Please keep this thread going... to give the moderators a reason to trash it.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #47
St_G

Drives: Black 2007 Yaris Liftback 1.5
Ummm....I don't think that means what you think it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
It's a shame that with all your "Richness" you still feel the necessity to go down on people the way you do.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #48
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
How pathetic.

A moderator should shut this thread down and delete posts. It will no longer yield anything useful.

Nimble, way to ruin another one. Calling another member a cocksucker? Dissing on another member's home country? Man this board really grew when you signed on, didn't it?
Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #49
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
How pathetic.

A moderator should shut this thread down and delete posts. It will no longer yield anything useful.

Nimble, way to ruin another one. Calling another member a cocksucker? Dissing on another member's home country? Man this board really grew when you signed on, didn't it?
And you are contributing how?

Read my 1st post, then grow up, then contribute, then read my avatar, then realize you aren't condoned.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:18 PM   #50
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
You mean you aren't onto what happens behind the scenes here? Hm, wonder why.

Oh right, you're too damn cool.

Funny thing... recently I was doing some research and PMed Ashley with a question. Fast response, cordial, informative, realistic... didn't tell me what I wanted to hear, but told me what I needed to hear without being a dick about it. This is definitely more than I could expect from yourself.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:21 PM   #51
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:

Read my 1st post, then grow up, then contribute, then read my avatar, then realize you aren't condoned.

I think Charles has contributed plenty.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:25 PM   #52
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
I think Charles has contributed plenty.
Great story. Doens't pertain to this thread. Next...

Old 02-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #53
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
bah no matter what this thread will never get back on topic. People, learn what you can from what's been posted.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread