Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #145
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
hope you have extras
Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #146
anubisx99
here again..

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris LB
what about if you get another big order??? would you do it again or at least tell me all the steps you took so we can start another group buy?, I still have my hopes that you'll have a few extras for us "the little people" tho...
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #147
pariahdecss
Yarisomniac

Drives: 2009 5spd LB
Got mine today and stuck it in, it looks a helluva a lot better than my old Metra kit. I had to trim a little off of the back for my particular headunit with my Dremel but it did not take long. I have a lousy camera . . .

Thanks CTScott and Steven (Danish_Yaris) for coordinating this
Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #148
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubisx99 View Post
what about if you get another big order??? would you do it again or at least tell me all the steps you took so we can start another group buy?, I still have my hopes that you'll have a few extras for us "the little people" tho...
I might consider doing another if there is enough interest. With the bank wire fees and shipping costs, it takes quite a few to keep the cost reasonable. In this case, Steven got us such a great price on the parts that the final price is more than $20 less than what we'd pay to replace our stock radio trim.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #149
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
i want one too
Old 05-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #150
808_Yaris
Where is Oahu?

Drives: 5-door meteorite metallic
add me on the list if you do another one :)
Old 05-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #151
lammy29

Drives: Yaris

my yaris from uk will it fit? i would be interested but will you ship to uk??
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 AM   #152
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Been trying to install mine for the past 10 minutes, but can't get it in. I have to angle it to get one side in, but can't angle it the same way for the other side to get the other side in.

Scott, you have a 5-door '09 LB as well. Any tips on putting it in?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:37 AM   #153
IsLNdbOi

Ok, figured out why it won't work. My HU (a Pioneer FH-P8000BT) has a small "faceplate" around the front. It's permanently attached (cannot be removed) and this faceplate makes the sides of the unit a little larger than what this trim piece can slide through.

Do you take returns Scott?

Anyone interested in mine? I did manage to scratch it up a little when trying to get it on. There are three scratches on it now. Two are in spots that would be hidden anyway once a head unit is installed (the dark smudges on the the back corner in each pic.). The third is on the front right side of the trim piece.

Pics.:

Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #154
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
If the HU faceplate has any trim that sticks out behind the 7" width of the chassis, even if it looks like it can never come off, it can. That head unit can be made 'chassis flush' all around, as seen from this rear-shot of the fully stripped chassis:

Or is this a matter of things not quite fitting just in the corners? Have you tried sliding the head unit into the trim, instead of the trim over the head unit?
Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #155
IsLNdbOi

I tried sliding the HU through the front and the back and it wouldn't fit. It's not just the corners. As I mentioned above, the FH-P8000BT has a faceplate permanently attached to it that can't be removed. I took the entire thing out and it does have screws to remove the entire front of the unit. When you do that, you find that the parts circled in red are permanently attached / molded into / is one piece w/ the entire front of the head unit.

I've circled it in red here:
Old 05-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #156
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I tried sliding the HU through the front and the back and it wouldn't fit. It's not just the corners. As I mentioned above, the FH-P8000BT has a faceplate permanently attached to it that can't be removed. I took the entire thing out and it does have screws to remove the entire front of the unit. When you do that, you find that the parts circled in red are permanently attached / molded into / is one piece w/ the entire front of the head unit.

I had the same problem with the new dash trim and a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. My head unit has that non-removable trim piece around it as well. Just use a dremel tool/sand paper/file to trim the plastic dash trim until it fits. Took me about 30 minutes but finally I got it to snap into place and it looks awesome. Don't give up because it can be done with a little patience. The pieces you file/sand cannot be seen once the dash trim is in place, so don't worry about that.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #157
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:

In doing some searching, I see mention of it being common to have to trim to fit the FH-P8000BT. I couldn't find actual dimensions for that ring. Usually the installation manual has the detailed dimensions, but not for that Pioneer.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #158
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammy29 View Post

my yaris from uk will it fit? i would be interested but will you ship to uk??
To use it with your Yaris, you would also have to replace the outer vertical trim pieces that have the cut-outs for the radio controls. You would need:

PZ489-B0330-00 (The silver trim piece)
55436-52010-B0 and 55435-52010-B0 (The left and right vertical trim pieces)

You may be able to get the parts directly from your Toyota dealer, since they originate from Europe. If not, it would probably be much more cost effective for you to go directly through "Danish Yaris", as shipping from Denmark to the UK would be more reasonable.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #159
Danish Yaris

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1,8 TS 5dr. 2007
Hi

Iīm happy to hear all likes the trims.
If Scott wants and there is enough, I sure will help you with more radiopanels.

Lammy29: If you canīt get the part numbers that Scott wrote to you, I can ship it directly to you, no problem.

Regards Steven.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #160
JosephDoc

Drives: 07 Yaris 3D
So I swap mine last night.

I have a Kenwood-8120 and I had to shave off the inner side for about 15mm to make it fit. I guess for some bigger HUs like mine, there will be some modification work needed.

It tooK me 1.5 hours but I am still happy!!!

Thansk Scott and Steven

-------------
Yup, I did it with a dremel.

Last edited by JosephDoc; 05-13-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #161
IsLNdbOi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
I had the same problem with the new dash trim and a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. My head unit has that non-removable trim piece around it as well. Just use a dremel tool/sand paper/file to trim the plastic dash trim until it fits. Took me about 30 minutes but finally I got it to snap into place and it looks awesome. Don't give up because it can be done with a little patience. The pieces you file/sand cannot be seen once the dash trim is in place, so don't worry about that.
Wait so what did you have to file? The parts of the HU I circled in red or the trim piece from Scott? If it was the trim piece from Scott, what part of it did you file?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
In doing some searching, I see mention of it being common to have to trim to fit the FH-P8000BT. I couldn't find actual dimensions for that ring. Usually the installation manual has the detailed dimensions, but not for that Pioneer.
Scott, add me to the list (if you have one) for the next group buy. I'd like another one of these since I damaged the first one. The damages could be easily fixed by sanding and repainting, but I don't have the time or skills for that.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #162
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Wait so what did you have to file? The parts of the HU I circled in red or the trim piece from Scott? If it was the trim piece from Scott, what part of it did you file?

Scott, add me to the list (if you have one) for the next group buy. I'd like another one of these since I damaged the first one. The damages could be easily fixed by sanding and repainting, but I don't have the time or skills for that.
OK - I'll add you to the list. Looking at your pictures, I think that what you will need to trim is the scratched area, so you may be OK, other than the scratch on the outer part of the right side.

Can you pop off the existing trim and take a picture with the new trim aligned, so we can see how much trimming needs to happen for your HU?

Looking at peoples' responses thus far, it looks like Pioneer and Kenwood units have required some amount of modification to fit. Eclipse HUs seem to fit without a problem. As people install theirs, please post your HU make/model and experience with the installation, and I'll start compiling the data on the first page of the thread, so we'll know what works out of the box, and what requires modification to work.
Closed Thread