Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
TrackAddict

Drives: Toyota Tundra, Mustang, BMW
new Ontario Race Track - NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!!

Hello everyone, I'm sorry that this is my first post on the forum, and I sincerely hope that I will not be banned or my message deleted as a spammer, This is an important message that was sent to me and it will affect us all as motorsport racers and fans!! I'm hoping that we can all come together as a community and show our support for this much needed project. - please see the message below.

As motorsports enthusiasts we all know that there are not nearly enough venues in Ontario. This proposed speedway is like nothing else in Canada, and we have been given an opportunity to voice our opinions and show our support for growth and chance in this sport. The Canadian Motor Speedway needs YOUR help to make this dream turn into a reality. Please take a few moments and show your support, don’t let the people who oppose have the only voice. This is an amazing opportunity not only for racers and fans, but also for the entire province.

PLEASE HELP THE SPEEDWAY BECOME A REALITY BY WRITING A LETTER OF SUPPORT TODAY TO:
Carolyn J. Kett
Clerk
Town Hall
1 Municipal Centre Drive
Fort Erie, ON - L2A 2S6
ckett@forterie.on.ca

DON’T FORGET TO “CC” A COPY OF YOUR EMAIL TO THE RACE TRACK info@cdnmotorspeedway.com
AND VISIT THEIR WEBSITE TO CHECK OUT THIS ONE OF A KIND FACILITY www.cdnmotorspeedway.com

Have you ever heard of a “GREEN” race track? Well now you have! This speedway will enhance environmental features with the creation of additional and sustainable creeks, storm water ponds and an Eco Park, which exemplifies a co-existence between the modernized and natural world.

There are so many reasons why we in Ontario need this track!!
It will be a world class venue recognized as a tourism attraction which will benefit the travel/tourism industry in the Niagara region, the positive economic impact with the creation of jobs during this global economic crisis and creating a positive impact to the Niagara region and surrounding communities, , the educational partnerships in the automotive and manufacturing sector, it’s a leader paving the way for environment friendly race tracks, it offers a wide range of activities and entertainment for racers, fans and their families, something you cannot find at any other facility.

Most importantly it provides an outlet to drivers of all ages to test their vehicles performance in a safe and controlled environment to develop and enhance skills that cannot be achieved by driving on public roads by offering training by certified professionals, these types of driver improvement programs keep our street safer for everyone and help reduce dangerous driving activities.
Please, let’s not be deprived of this incredible opportunity! Please forward this message to all of your friends and if you belong to other clubs/forums please post this message as it affects us all as an automotive enthusiast community!

PLEASE SUPPORT THE SPORT!!
TrackAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
have more info on the track itself? location? size/length? types of racing to be held/sponsored?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
i just reposted it over on my forum for you :) best of luck!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #4
TrackAddict

Thanks for your help. You can find a preliminary site plan here.

http://www.cdnmotorspeedway.com/site-plan.pdf
Old 10-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Roadcourse or roundy-round?

Honestly, I tried to d/l the site plan but couldn't wait all morning.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
Roadcourse or roundy-round?

Honestly, I tried to d/l the site plan but couldn't wait all morning.
looks like both....
Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 PM   #7
MUSKOKA800

Looks awesome. Should draw racefans from Ontario and NYS.
Pave those runoff areas and lets steal the F1 race from Montreal next time they drop the ball. Which seems often when having to deal with 'The Troll' (B.E.).

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
TrackAddict

I just got some more info about this...

HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO HAVE YOUR SAY!!

THIS IS IT! The vote for approval goes Monday December7, 2009, 6 p.m. @ Fort Erie Town Hall. This will be the final meeting for approval and we need to have a major presence on this night. The opponents will be there in force and we need to show the voters how passionate we are about this development. Again I Thank You for all your messages, comments and support. Each and every one of you HAVE made a difference. The Facebook group has a prominent place in generating awareness and support for the CMS project and Town Council has noted that. The developers and partners have noticed what you have done as well, and are most appreciative. I will post a link on the "events" section of the CMS Group page about the Vote Meeting. Please show on the 7th and bring all the support you can muster. Thank You!

FACEBOOK GROUP FOR CMS
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=85047111703

SIGN THE PETITION TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

Message to supporters. Please sign the petition supporting the Canadian Motor Speedway Project. Thank You!

*note* Ignore the donation pop up window. Just close the browser and you will automatically be signed on the petition. NO donation necessary.

http://new.ipetitions.com/petition/femotorsports/
Old 12-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #9
TrackAddict

just got this in my email... Looks like it's going to vote Dec 7th with the town and on the 9th with the region! These are the big ones, please show your support and come out! I will definitely be there!

If you can't make it - these are the people to send your letters of support to

Peter Partington, Regional Chair chairman@niagararegion.ca

Shirley Cordiner, Regional Councilor shirley.cordiner@niagararegion.ca
Kevin Bain, Regional Clerk kevin.bain@niagararegion.ca
Lalande, Eric eric.lalande@niagararegion.ca
Colosimo, Peter peter.colosimo@niagararegion.ca
Radman, Marilyn marilyn.radman@niagararegion.ca
Rino Mostacci RMostacci@town.forterie.on.ca
McManus, Lisa lisa.mcmanus@niagararegion.ca

CC:
info@cdnmotorspeedway.com
ckett@town.forterie.on.ca

Old 12-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Oh man, I thought this was Ontario, California, and I got all excited. Best of luck and I hope it comes through!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
MUSKOKA800

Email sent.
Good Luck!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #12
TrackAddict

December 7th Fort Erie Town Council voted unanimously to approve the speedway.

December 9th the Niagara Planning Committee voted unanimously to approve the speedway.

Next step is with Niagara Council - so help the speedway and click the link to send your comments to the Region.

Here's the last message I received.

Good day today for the Canadian Motor Speedway Project at Regional Council. The Region Planning Committee voted to send the application to council. A successful day. Step 2 complete. Onward!

PLEASE HELP THE SPEEDWAY BECOME A REALITY BY FILLING OUT THIS FORM. LET THE REGIONAL CLERK KNOW THAT YOU SUPPORT THIS PROJECT.CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW. IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO SO. THANK YOU.

http://www.regional.niagara.on.ca/ma...ear&name=Clerk
Old 12-10-2009, 11:02 AM   #13
thebarber
daily driver

i saw on the new that fort erie gave you guys approval

good luck w/ the next phase!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 AM   #14
MUSKOKA800

Form submitted.
Good luck!!!