Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #163
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
because we dont know how to drive here and have to have thicker reinforcement bars...and apparantly not too many of us know how to work on cars here either...
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #164
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
because we dont know how to drive here and have to have thicker reinforcement bars...and apparantly not too many of us know how to work on cars here either...
This referring to me?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #165
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

i didnt say anyone in specific.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #166
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
i didnt say anyone in specific.
In that case, nvm.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #167
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
this kit will fit the usdm yaris. it says it will. 1nzfe is our engine code as well so there arent any differences, if there were, it wouldnt be a 1nzfe. how about someone do something productive with this thread and just get it. i could tell you right now if i had the money, i would have already ordered one. i plan to eventually in a few months so if no one grows a pair by then ill get it. quit asking repetative questions people and read from start to finish.

as far as the turbo stuff goes too, we can do what the jdm yarii do as well its all just a matter of finding the right places to get the right stuff. so if there are minor electrical wiring differences use your smarts and figure it out. not everything has to be plug and play for it to work.
Mike, I respect your points, truely, but my statements were to answer the simple questions and getting results for our novice members who might want to tackle something a bit bigger than say, putting an exhaust on from TRD. You and I are in a different class than some of our members when it comes to building and installing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
Really, KCALB SIRAY, it has come down to this, so many talkers here... no one is willing to step up to the plate, let me see someone show up with the cash, then feel free to ask all the legit questions they want... from what I see and read there are a lot of big shots, with no $$ to back it up....

according to

he has enough for 10 units!! WOW impressive....i wish i was big ballin it too

I dont know how you do your shopping, but I buy my things from stores and large companies, why ??? because I know its an establishment and not a person that may or may not stand their products.... I am merely selling a product on here...the product I sell is backed by Rotrex and PE USA. Not to mention I am willing to stand by the product and take my OWN time and help someone with the install and questions....

So please if you have something constructive to add carry on, if not please do not post....
I'm not looking to argue, I have my own plans on what I'm doing with mine. Like it or not, selling a product without full testing in all markets does not work for everyone. My approach with this thread would have been a feeler and would have taken the data back to my employer with the suggestions. Battles and name calling doesn't help the product move IMO. Good luck with the sale and I hope you do not take anymore offense to these suggestions
Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #168
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Mike, I respect your points, truely, but my statements were to answer the simple questions and getting results for our novice members who might want to tackle something a bit bigger than say, putting an exhaust on from TRD. You and I are in a different class than some of our members when it comes to building and installing.

I'm not looking to argue, I have my own plans on what I'm doing with mine. Like it or not, selling a product without full testing in all markets does not work for everyone. My approach with this thread would have been a feeler and would have taken the data back to my employer with the suggestions. Battles and name calling doesn't help the product move IMO. Good luck with the sale and I hope you do not take anymore offense to these suggestions
Both very true, and very well-said.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #169
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by at3GG View Post
So you refuse to answer questions for anyone but someone who thinks $4K is nothing. I dont care if this post gets deleted, your a d*ick and I hope nobody buys your product. All we want is proof that it works on OUR car. Not a JDM one. You refuse to be truthful about why you wont even TEST one here. "oh well it works overseas"....sorry not good enough. I will have no sympathy for anyone who buys this and encounters problems. Im not an a**hole either so hopefully i didnt piss any other members off, if i did, i apologize....to you and you alone. Especially Chino, i know you try to keep the peace but i feel it needed to be said. PM me if you have any concerns.
^^^^^ +1,000000000000000000
Old 01-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #170
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
^^^^^ +1,000000000000000000
better watch out....if you speak your "own" mind around here, you might be threatened with banishment.

Apparently...this is a one way street...not room for two lanes or different points of view. We should sugarcoat everything and be nice to people when they have something to sell us.

That is the problem with the world right now and why shit is out of control....everybody wants to play politics and nobody wants to hear the truth. Call it at face value and your bound to be reprimanded in some way.

Sorry for the divergence.....back on topic.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #171
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

what people dont seem to understand here is THE CARS HAVE THE SAME ENGINE AND CHASSIS CODES!@!@@!!@ the part will fit or else they wouldnt be the same. and the body panels/ bumper supports have nothing to do with the chassis codes nor will it affect the install of this supercharger. for f**cks sake just look at some damn engine bay pics if your that hard headed.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #172
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
If I could jump in this heated debate for a second.
I think this kit is the cat's meow, but getting someone to be the first on here is tough. Although I'm decently well versed as a weekend mechanic, I don't know enough about toyota's to say if this is a bolt-on affair.
In my experience, MANY parts designed as bolt-on need some sort of modification, for any car. I.E. strut bar rubs a.c. line, coilover didn't come with a brakeline bracket, etc.

But as far as options go, people, this is a viable S.C. option. To go from 85 WHP o.e.m. to 142-150 WHP with this kit is amazing.
If I were in the market for this kit right now, this would be the be all end all of my power gain searching. With a few more bolt ons that other vendors offer, I'd say you could add another 10-15 WHP or so.
But without this kit on a car on american soil dyno, i'd say you still need to prove the power gains as substantial as you suggest.

OK, carry on.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #173
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Quote:
what people dont seem to understand here is THE CARS HAVE THE SAME ENGINE AND CHASSIS CODES!@!@@!!@ the part will fit or else they wouldnt be the same. and the body panels/ bumper supports have nothing to do with the chassis codes nor will it affect the install of this supercharger. for f**cks sake just look at some damn engine bay pics if your that hard headed.
Mike,
I think that the real concern is as to whether or not this is a "true" 100% bolt on, no modifications whatsoever modification (hardware wise).
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #174
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
The 1st gen Box and xA have 1NZ-FE motors too, but their turbo/sc kits don't directly bolt onto our cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
but, it has the same engine!!!!!

it must fit!!!!!

that's why the xB Greddy kit bolts up perfectly to my xA

:sarcasm:
i've seen it with my own 2 eyes. the engine can have the same code but not be the same

i was looking at getting the 1st gen Xb intake manifold by weapon r until i learned that the Xb throttle body was cable driven and had a 3 bolt pattern where the yaris is drive by wire and has a 4 bolt pattern which meant i would have spent $700 on a manifold that i couldnt use.

i may not have the money to buy this supercharger but i have enough money to place a bet that this kit will not install without some kind of issue big or small.

if some one with the patience and money just try this kit so that this can be laid to rest and Power Enterprises Evan can start making some money. everyone will be happier in the end if we do.

now can we please stop bashing Power Enterprises Evan, its REALLY making this a boring thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #175
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
This is sad...

The facts are this-
1. Just because it bolts into a JDM Yaris doesn't mean it will bolt directly into a USDM Yaris.
2. JDM and USDM actually do have minor differences in terms of body shape, wheather this encrouches into the engine bay or not is unknown (unless someone has compared the two side by side).
2. The 1NZFE code indicates the block and head only.
3. The engine management used on different cars powered by a 1NZFE varies greatly.
4. The number of belts (and what type) used to power the accessories varies between models using the 1NZFE as well.
5. A supercharger is powered by the accessory belt, so minor differences may turn into big mounting challenges.

That being said, I can't believe the seller refuses to do whatever it takes to clear up these issues. I have never seen a new kit available without a full installation and dyno to back it up. As a salesmen trying to sell a product online, I think the OP needs to step it up. However, I also think several members here need to back off so something has a chance to happen.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #176
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Drives: Powered Roller Skate
Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
I honestly will pay the vendor fees for a year to have this guy banned. This guy makes me want to jump ship and not even be a member here anymore. We as members have to behave ourselves yet this guy gets a blank check to attack those who come here. This guy is a chump hes gets asked simple questions that he obviously cannot answer. Saying you'll stand by the kit doesn't mean anything to me because you haven't shown anything to stand by yet. Attacking members gets you no love here and doesn't help your sales. If someone asks you a question answer it. This will more than likely be my last post on this thread. I have more than enough $$$ sitting in the bank and your name was on it as soon as you actually showed me something. Until you do I'm done modding my yaris. Time to give my bike some love.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #177
Marfulion

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
now can we please stop bashing Power Enterprises Evan, its REALLY making this a boring thread
by "boring" do u mean entertaining? dude i have been checking on to this thread everyday, its just there is so much drama, love and hate in here lolHAHAHA

All i have to say is that its true, just cus the engine code is the same does not mean that it will be the same exact engine in every model that carries it. I had 2005 Rav4 with the same 2azfe engine which is the same in the tc, but the engine cover and intake are completly different, i tried to get the trd supercharger for the tc in my rav but trd said it wouldnt work because the mounts bracket etc. is completly different.

I know that in japan this kit costs 5k, so 3800 or watever power evan said in the earlier thread is not bad at all. but what i dont get is why P.E. has a superchager kit for the honda fit for about he same price and it makes 170ps, wat is up with that? will there be a stage 2 kit in future for the yaris? and if so, if i buy the current supercharger kit and later u guys come out with another more power variant will it just be a simple upgrade from the previous one or would i have to buy it entirely as a replacement?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #178
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
I honestly will pay the vendor fees for a year to have this guy banned. This guy makes me want to jump ship and not even be a member here anymore. We as members have to behave ourselves yet this guy gets a blank check to attack those who come here. This guy is a chump hes gets asked simple questions that he obviously cannot answer. Saying you'll stand by the kit doesn't mean anything to me because you haven't shown anything to stand by yet. Attacking members gets you no love here and doesn't help your sales. If someone asks you a question answer it. This will more than likely be my last post on this thread. I have more than enough $$$ sitting in the bank and your name was on it as soon as you actually showed me something. Until you do I'm done modding my yaris. Time to give my bike some love.
ill pay double the fees to have you banned. if you have this money grow some peaches and buy it, then you obviously have enough money to fix whatever issues you encounter.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #179
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
It's too bad that this thread has gotten people, who would have been civil in other threads, to become antagonists here.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 PM   #180
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
noogie, don't think you're off the hook. where are those S/C videos?!?!?! HUH! ;)
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo