Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Tinting lights & windows pricing

So I was driving to a friends and saw a really wicked car, super tinted back windows, black lights, (black car) and I was just like "ugh, I wish I knew someone with a car so they could do it for me or tell me a good place to do it" I randomly thought about what if I followed that car to ask the guy about it... of course I thought that sounded way too creepy, so I kept driving.

I just happened to follow him all the way to his destination, on accident lol! He was going to my friends next door neighbor! It was crazy.

I walked up to his car and babbled a bit saying I've been wanting to tint my car but I have no idea where or how to do it and asked if he would be willing to do it if I paid. He said sure and I gave him my number and he said he'll call me when the temperature outside is right.

Now... maybe he won't call, but if he does I wanted an idea of what to pay...
I remember reading a window tinting pricing thread- it seemed like the average was $100 but for all the windows.. I just want the back windows & back windshield so I'm guessing $50ish is right? I have the 2 door hatch, so the back windows are tiny..

What about smoked lights? I don't know how long it takes, how much the materials cost- what do you think a fair price would be for a guy to do it?
And I'm thinking I just want the rear lights. So just the price for 2 smokes lights.

Thanks! I just need an idea in case he's like "oh it will cost me $400 to do everything" which doesn't sound right.. I hope! Or maybe he's going to be one of those annoying nice people and won't give me a price and I'll have to think of one. Just need a general idea.

oh if it wasn't clear- pretty sure he doesn't own a shop or anything or he would have said so. I'm guessing he's just like you guys on this forum who just really like their car and are talented to do this kind of stuff by yourself. So what would you want to be paid if you did this stuff for a stranger?
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote