Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Reading this really pisses me off. Some people just don't know how to act. Sh*t goes on sale and everyone decides to act like an like a f*cktard. I been working retail for years, some how , some way i was able to temporairly escape that blackhole known as reatil. Unfortunately i'm now working a partime job there, reading this, and seeing people camp out in front of stores makes me realize how stupid people are. Like the Dbags who line up in front of my store at 10:30am on a Sunday morning. Motherf*cker get your ass in church, spend time with your wife, we are open for 7 hrs come back in the afternoon. I hate retail and the people i deal with there. Really debating whether i even want to work this job anymore.
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #20
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
You are absolutely right this is why the rest of the world looks down on americans.... cause we act like morons

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
and then you wonder why the rest of the world think Americans are insane
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #21
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
Thats why in Hawaii, they normally have the sale go on for the whole day.Us hawaii people are lazy anyway so no one in their right minds wants to wake up 5 in the morning.
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #22
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Obviously the West Coast takes shopping one step further....

Shots fired at Toys R Us in Palm Desert; 2 dead
12:42 PM, November 28, 2008
A gunman opened fire at a Toys R Us store in Palm Desert, killing two and causing shoppers at the busy store to scramble for cover.

Palm Desert Councilman Bob Spiegel told The Times that based on early reports, two rival groups shopping at the store had some kind of argument and then shots were fired. Two men were killed in the exchange of gunfire, he said.

Riverside County sheriff and fire officials responded to a report of a shooting and two gunshot victims at 11:32 a.m. at the toy store in the Desert Crossing Shopping Center at 72314 Highway 111, said Cheri Patterson, information officer for Riverside County Fire and Cal Fire, based in Perris.

"We have two dead individuals inside the store," Dennis Guitierrez of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press. "The events of why the shots were fired is still ongoing."

Details about the shooting were still spotty, but witnesses said the scene at the store and nearby businesses was chaotic. Witnesses told TV stations that shoppers were evacuated at about 11:30 a.m. and were told a gunman was in the store.

“I’ve got a bunch of people from Toys R Us that ran out of the building,” Jeff Vallaire, a worker at a nearby World Gym, told the Desert Sun newspaper in Palm Springs. “I’m just hearing from what they told me. They ran out the back. They heard gunshots and came in here. ... It’s pretty crazy around here right now."

The Desert Sun quoted a Palm Desert city official as saying the shooting might have been caused by bad blood between two groups of shoppers. “There were two groups inside that had issue with each other,” Assistant City Manager Sheila Gilligan told the Sun. “And the two men inside pulled their weapons and shot each other.”

-- Richard Winton, Molly Hennessy-Fiske and Andrew Blankstein

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:36 PM   #23
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchbackkid82 View Post
You are absolutely right this is why the rest of the world looks down on americans.... cause we act like morons
You mean like the the Running of the Bulls, being squashed under Juggernauts, dying in Soccer Riots, having wars over Soccer Events (at least two pairs of latin American nations have had wars over soccer matches), Jihads, Dirty Wars, massacres over religion, Concentration Camps, Death Camps, and so on?

Right now a bunch of maniacs have taken over a Hotel in Mumbai, an act of terror that caps off bombings and mass shootings. They were probably there because of the wedding of Liz Hurley and were going after Americans and Brits. We still don't know how many were shot, stabbed, beheaded, raped and served for dessert.

America isn't that bad, except when we're dropping bombs, "nation building" and doing other "Father Knows Best" bullshit abroad. That's what pisses other people off.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:42 PM   #24
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
Palm Desert Councilman Bob Spiegel told The Times that based on early reports, two rival groups shopping at the store had some kind of argument and then shots were fired. Two men were killed in the exchange of gunfire, he said.

When I'm armed I tend to go overboard to avoid disputes, just to prevent escalation into a gun fight. I act and drive differently, just to avoid giving offense. Don't want to injure or kill anyone.

Bet a couple of folks out there wished they'd adopted an "armed and polite" mindset. Two people dead over nothing at all.

Gene
Old 11-28-2008, 04:45 PM   #25
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Assistant City Manager Sheila Gilligan told the Sun. “And the two men inside pulled their weapons and shot each other.”

Reminds me of a tale from SE Asia....

"Two Second Lieutenants were drinking and decided to have a 'quick draw' contest. So they went outside with their 45s,drew, shot and killed each other."

...about as stupid too.

Gene
Old 11-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #26
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneW View Post
Reminds me of a tale from SE Asia....

"Two Second Lieutenants were drinking and decided to have a 'quick draw' contest. So they went outside with their 45s,drew, shot and killed each other."

...about as stupid too.

Gene
That's evolution at work!
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Our tiny (and it is tiny) Walmart is not open 24 hrs either.........

So Lisa IF your Walmart was open 24 hrs that means you would be there right now
I go to Walmart only when ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #28
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
i'm there like every other day lol
Old 11-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #29
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Ours isn't very nice. It's in kind of a bad area of town. They are building a new one a little out in the county so I'm hoping it might be a little more pleasant to shop at.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #30
50MPGDream

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 93 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
me too, and I havn't needed anything bad enough to shop there for about 6 years now
Old 11-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #31
CCILovePinkCC
JuicyCoutureGirl

Drives: 2009 Blazing Blue LB
I read about that earlier. That's so sad. I quit shopping at Walmart earlier this year. The little bit of money you save isn't worth supporting them imho. Either way...not trying to turn this into an anti wally world thread, just saying...
As for the person that died and the pregnant woman having to go to the hospital...that's just plain sad. There's nothing at Walmart that's worth hurting someone over. geez.
CCILovePinkCC is offline   Reply With Quote