Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
Mattmcc

Drives: Yaris 1.3 VVT-I 2007
Black 07 Plate 1.3 VVT-I Yaris - Need Advice

Hi Guys,

Hope your all well,

Im new here, I have a Black 07 Plate 1.3 VVT-I Yaris (pictures below).

I will be keeping this yaris for 3-4 years and would like to tastefully modify the cosmetics of the car a little bit, but try not to make it look boy racer.

I was thinking of changing the colour of the plastic grill to a carbon fibre look, or chrome or gold.
Also, if I change the colour of the grill i would also look at doing the same to the mirrors.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what would look good for my car?

Many Thanks
Matt
Mattmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:38 AM   #2
Majestic

Drives: 2007 toyota yaris T3 a/c 5dr
I would suggest that you leave the grille black its more in your face. Focus on small bits like the lower grille and the mirrors, you can spray both same color like metallic silver or grey!
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I consider myself to be in the same boat as you. I dig mods that can almost be confused with factory options. I've been asked several times if my wheels came with the car from the dealer, or are aftermarket--and I like that.

Having said that, the biggest changes I went with are wheels/tires, tint and lowering. After that, I went with subtle mods like a shorter/thicker radio antenna, added the factory mud guards, a faux leather arm rest and a black/blue aluminium shift knob. Next, I'll be changing the rubber shift boot for a faux black leather with blue stitching to match the interior.

For me, it's about small touches that make the car look richer and more aggressive, but in a way that it could have come from the factory. Feel free to take a look at the few pics I have in my garage area.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps!
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #4
willieG

Drives: 09 hb 2nzfe m
the 'garage door air block thing' front lips looks good for cheap. Aslong as you trim it nicely at each end of the front bumper

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171377501...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

you could def find it cheaper than this. it's just the first one I saw

edit. i was surprised once i put mine on
willieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
As much window tint as your local laws allow.

Nicer shift knob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GEAR-STICK...item3a89304623

Weathertech (or Toyota OEM if obtainable) window deflectors and Weathertech floor mats. TRD rear sway bar. Adjustable interval intermittent wipers. Cruise control. Fog lights. And that's just the stuff you can do in your driveway.

There's also a set of shocks and struts...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002T094CE/

And wheels to your taste. OEM Fiat, Mini and Honda Jazz/Fit will fit and look decent, for instance.

Also, decent stereo, six inch touch screen, navigation, full Bluetooth audio streaming and iPod hookup, and compatible with your fancy steering wheel controls.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieG View Post
the 'garage door air block thing' front lips looks good for cheap. Aslong as you trim it nicely at each end of the front bumper

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171377501...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

you could def find it cheaper than this. it's just the first one I saw

edit. i was surprised once i put mine on
Looks to me like the vehicle already has the "Home Depot" front lip on it.