Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-13-2006, 11:15 AM   #1
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Drives: Ducati Monster 750Dark
Possible 4 door Yaris stateside?

Hi everyone,
I was directed here by a friend back home in Ontario Canada that has just received his 07 Bayou Blue Yaris. I had expressed interest to him about the car and he directed me here.

The Yaris fits the bill to a "T" for what I am looking for in a new car. As with most of you I am looking something good - great on gas and has room to fit my longish 6'1 frame. I really like the styling of the Yaris but the more I look at it I seem to prefer the 4 door version a little more than the 2 door.

My question is does anyone know if Toyota is thinking of releasing a 4 door in the us in the near future ?

Also I am wondering about what benefits there are to owning a 2 door rather then a 4 door ?

Last off I was wondering if it is feasible to think about getting a 4 door from Canada imported over here ?? and if it is would it be outrageously expensive?

Thanks for all of your help !!
ElViShGiBbErIsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
pyromedic

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElViShGiBbErIsH
Hi everyone,
I was directed here by a friend back home in Ontario Canada that has just received his 07 Bayou Blue Yaris. I had expressed interest to him about the car and he directed me here.

The Yaris fits the bill to a "T" for what I am looking for in a new car. As with most of you I am looking something good - great on gas and has room to fit my longish 6'1 frame. I really like the styling of the Yaris but the more I look at it I seem to prefer the 4 door version a little more than the 2 door.

My question is does anyone know if Toyota is thinking of releasing a 4 door in the us in the near future ?

Also I am wondering about what benefits there are to owning a 2 door rather then a 4 door ?

Last off I was wondering if it is feasible to think about getting a 4 door from Canada imported over here ?? and if it is would it be outrageously expensive?

Thanks for all of your help !!

Elvish, I live in Florida and bought a sedan/4 door last week. I'm also 6'1 and have plenty of room in the sedan and had a 36mpg average on my first tank of gas...that's with the airconditioning on the entire time as well. There were no 2 door liftbacks in stock at the dealership I was at so can't help you there.
I certainly reccomend the car, I'm very satisfied with mine.
pyromedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
jdgriswald
5-Door Envy

Drives: '08 Scion xD
I assume you're talking about the 5-door. Don't think Toyota has any plans to give the U.S. what the rest of the world has....not just 5-door, but tach, RS version, etc.

As far as importing, check this thread: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...=4685#post4685
jdgriswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:28 PM   #4
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Yeah, I was confused by this post as the four door has been available in the US for 6-8 weeks. So he must have meant the 5 door/liftback???

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
chuchu

Drives: 97 Impreza
ElViShGiBbErIsH, I too am in the same boat. The more I look at the Yaris Liftback, the more I am convinced it is the perfect car for me, which makes it all the more frustrating that Toyota only offers the 3-door liftback in the states. That is the only thing holding me back from buying one.

I've heard the reason Toyota isn't offering the 5 door lfitback in the states is for fear it would cannibalize sales of their US-only Scion xA.

Like you, I have also looked into importing from Canada which is not very far from where I live. Just for comparison, the US 3-dr liftback with option A is $11,690 NOT including delivery/handling fees. The Canadian 5-dr liftback with package B is $16,645CAD also not including delivery/handling. That's about 14,975.26 USD.
chuchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #6
ElViShGiBbErIsH

sorry for the confusion I was asking about the hatchback.. I forget they also have a sedan, I realy only like the hatchback but as far as I know the 2 door hatchback (driver & passenger) is the only one offered here in the states.

Thanks for the input chuchu, thatis what I was wondering is how much it would cost and all.. it definetly makes sense about the conflicting sales with the Xa. I wonder how much of a hasle it would actually be paperwork wise.

Maybe the 2 door will start growing on me..
(i hope)

now if toyota would offer the hatchback in the flint mica colour..

thanks for the info guys..

(i am replying via my pocket pc so if there are a bunch of spelling mistakes I apologize)
Old 05-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
Idjiit
5 Stars, Bitches

Drives: Prius, Silver Yaris Liftback
Car companies need to realize that they're not living in the same market as they were 10 years ago. Consumers are much more informed now, and having models differ between even England and the US can cause confusion, not to mention Canada and the US.

As I've been saying all along, I predict that we'll see the 5-door in the next MY or two, with the xA being replaced with something else entirely in the Scion line-up.
Idjiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #8
chuchu

Drives: 97 Impreza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit
Car companies need to realize that they're not living in the same market as they were 10 years ago. Consumers are much more informed now, and having models differ between even England and the US can cause confusion, not to mention Canada and the US.

As I've been saying all along, I predict that we'll see the 5-door in the next MY or two, with the xA being replaced with something else entirely in the Scion line-up.
I couldn't agree more. I just hope your prediction is right.

by the way idjiit- glad to see a fellow otter on here :)
chuchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:37 AM   #9
fearturtle44

Drives: S Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idjiit

Agree on the xA change as I had a tC and the buzz on Scion models is that Scion was NOT going to keep the same models around more than 3-4 years.

Kevin
fearturtle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #10
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
That was Scion's model plan from the beginning. Change all the models every 3-4 years or so. We'll see if they stick to it.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearturtle44
Yeah, I was confused by this post as the four door has been available in the US for 6-8 weeks. So he must have meant the 5 door/liftback???

Kevin
Yea, he did mean the five-door hatch(lift)back.

Im the friend ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromedic
Elvish, I live in Florida and bought a sedan/4 door last week. I'm also 6'1 and have plenty of room in the sedan and had a 36mpg average on my first tank of gas...that's with the airconditioning on the entire time as well. There were no 2 door liftbacks in stock at the dealership I was at so can't help you there.
I certainly reccomend the car, I'm very satisfied with mine.
Hehe, I know he wants the hatch/liftback though

Jem

EDIT:

Ops, just saw his later post! ;) LOL
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:13 PM   #12
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgriswald
I assume you're talking about the 5-door. Don't think Toyota has any plans to give the U.S. what the rest of the world has....not just 5-door, but tach, RS version, etc.

As far as importing, check this thread: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...=4685#post4685
I knew yall didnt get a tach or the 5door hatch down there, but yall dont get the RS option either!!!

Thats balls... i feel bad for the american market that would love to have these options available! :( The choice is so wonderful! Id be hurting if they werent offereed here in Canada!

Jem
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #13
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
If Scion does indeed drop, redesign or import a replacement for the xA, perhaps it'll be different enough from the Yaris 5-door and we'll get that version. Just as an example, when the Ford Focus came out in 2000, it wasn't offered in a five-door. However, it was in 2002.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #14
ElViShGiBbErIsH

At first I was bummed when I wrote this post cause I really wanted the 5 door hatchback. Now that I have seen the light (and this picture) I have come to the conclusion that the 3 door hatch is more my style

(I will definitely have to order the body kit !!)

The only thing that will bum me out is if Toyota puts the push start button and full digital gauges in the new models coming out... I would be VERY disappointed.. So that is what Toyota will most likely do..
Old 05-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #15
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
holy ish what kit is that? now that I have seen this pic as well I am beginning to lean more towards the hatch.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
i think that car is a fellow's from australia, there are other threads discussing body kits,

i'm not sure if they are readily available in n. america.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #17
Calidrifter

Drives: 1997 Nissan 240sx
it looks like it is a factory lip kinda like on the S sedan. The fact that there isn't a factory kit for the 3 door is what is holding me back from purchasing it.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM   #18
ElViShGiBbErIsH

Yeah the Car does belong to a mate down under..
I believe I got his yaris picture in the Official Blazing Blue thread.

It might take some time but it is inevitable that the US version will have some kits coming out.. sooner than later..

Maybe in the next couple of weeks they will come out with the factory body kit so I can order it on my Yaris