Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #253
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
OK, so an update. I'll start with the bad news.

The bad news is that all parties involved other than myself have either lost interest or have moved away since the beginning of the project, which leaves me with this sweet intake on my car and nobody to help me build it. I'm out of time, money, and patience. I'm tapped out. If I was less of a person I would have given up by now, but I can't let this thing die. It sounds too good and you guys have been entirely too supportive up to this point for me to come back and say "I give up." I'm pressing on. If it takes a month of Sundays this sucker is getting built!

The good news? The intake is going on a road trip tomorrow to be looked at. Just because I no longer have the resources to build it doesn't mean someone else may not. It is easy to get companies interested when I have a laundry list of interested buyers to show, and for that I thank all of you. Having said that, it could be a long time until you hear another update from me. I'm sorry this has been such a fiasco, and if anyone is getting sick of waiting I would totally understand if you moved on. I know some of you already have. However, for those of you that are willing to wait... enjoy your stock car while you can and be excited knowing that eventually through hell or high water you'll own the first member supported intake on the market. No Fujita, AEM or any other intake will carry the story this part will. IT IS GETTING BUILT. It is just a matter of when.

Please feel free to PM me with any additional questions. Again, I'm sorry... but hang in there. I'm right there with you.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:37 PM   #254
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
@Chino: What if you were to charge... say 50% in advance for every order? You'd be able to stock up on parts pretty quickly that way. Members would be dealt with in a first pay-first serve basis...

I'm sure a few members would jump at the chance if given the opportunity.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:43 PM   #255
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Buddy, told you months ago, my guy in Georgia could write all the CAD programing, and get them all CNC'd.
This is my buddy that designs custom suspensions, supercharger parts, all kinds of crazy shit.

Its never to late man, hit me up tomorrow.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:44 PM   #256
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
I think we offered this as an option already,he declined,maybe he knew it was out of reach back then,Im officially let down by Chino.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:58 PM   #257
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Charles and I have a relationship (man that sounds gay, lol) off these boards.. we have spoken about lots of ideas and project details many times on the phone, so I know this will happen one day.

I said this once already, but the biggest mistake was ever airing that an intake was in the making, before units were ready to go. Some guys here couldnt just step back and wait, instead Chino's PM inbox would be filled up weekly by the same members asking the same shit over and over.

Trust me when I say this, knowone.. KNOWONE, wanted this product finished more then Charles did.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #258
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
... Im officially let down by Chino.
Holy crap, guy! Give him a break! WTF?!

Chino... keep on it. There's a lot of us that won't be changing our sig any time soon!
Old 06-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #259
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Keep going Charles...it's your project, so keep control so you don't get ripped off. Know a lot of old toolmakers with Bridgeports etc. in their garages (just no CNC's)....maybe there's quite a few in your own area...cheap labor sometimes is more effective than CNC's, unless your really planning on making a gazzilion of them.
Old 06-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #260
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
All Im saying is we were willing to take some of the load,but he didnt want any help,Im am let down(only because I wanted it so badly,easier to clean filter)but I still believe he can pull it off,its just a matter of when?
Old 06-12-2007, 09:13 AM   #261
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
@Chino: What if you were to charge... say 50% in advance for every order? You'd be able to stock up on parts pretty quickly that way. Members would be dealt with in a first pay-first serve basis...

I'm sure a few members would jump at the chance if given the opportunity.
Eventually I will probably go that route, but until I am 90% of the way there I don't want to start collecting money. I don't want to pull a spkrman. I've put too much love into these boards to get banned because I ran a shoddy business deal.

Quote:
I think we offered this as an option already,he declined,maybe he knew it was out of reach back then,Im officially let down by Chino.
It isn't out of reach. The only thing that is out of reach is relying on these lazy, pot smoking hillbillies in Ohio to help me get this done. I'm not doing that anymore. Nobody here is as motivated as I am.

Doc... thank you. churp, same. Chris, I'll call you first thing tomorrow. Today is a bear.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM   #262
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Today is a bear.
Grizzly, polar, or teddy?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #263
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I BELIEVE!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:21 AM   #264
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Guess the 'ol "I got a headache" excuese doesn't work much in the wild....

ITS GO TIME BABY!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bearhump.jpg (29.6 KB, 117 views)
Old 06-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #265
YamilR

Drives: Absolutely Red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to YamilR
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
At least he's honest, didn't took your money and ran away with it
Old 06-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #266
NonStopTuning

Drives: NST CARS: S13 AE86 ANT10 AW11
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamilR View Post
At least he's honest, didn't took your money and ran away with it

Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #267
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
I understand what your going through chino, I once tried to make some shift boots for my old car... but I am as well disappointed, mainly that you didnt let people know earlier that this thing was still a looong way off. If I had known that it were still months out I would have purchased another intake by now. the way you were speaking last month I got the impression that it was almost ready. If it wasnt, no big deal, I just wish I knew it was still in the early phases of development. I am glad you are doing this Charles and encourage you to press on, but I personally am very tired of waiting and I believe I may look elsewhere.... /cry.

Most of my frustration just stems from being kept in the dark for so long. every time I asked for an update all I seemed to get were snotty posts from Chris. All I wanted was a straighforward answer; 'its a ways out' would have been fine, but instead a post of napolion dynamite goes up... I found that more frustrating than anything. Sorry if I misinterpreted your posts chris but im a straight forward person and was just looking for some straight forward answers.

Again, thanks chino and best of luck to you!
Old 06-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #268
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post

Most of my frustration just stems from being kept in the dark for so long. every time I asked for an update all I seemed to get were snotty posts from Chris. All I wanted was a straighforward answer; 'its a ways out' would have been fine, but instead a post of napolion dynamite goes up... I found that more frustrating than anything. Sorry if I misinterpreted your posts chris but im a straight forward person and was just looking for some straight forward answers.
First, it was a way to keep things alive in here. What, you didn't like my bear's either?!?

Second, I had no idea Chino was about to call it quits until I myself read his post the other night. I still have not been contacted to talk about my source, but I know the boy gets crazy busy at times with everything.

And just so you know, I have invested a lot of MY OWN TIME into his project, with the end result being a LOWER selling price on his intakes to you all. Making contacts is not easy nor cheap, especially when you are looking for 50+ units at once. Charles shared the details of all these places that were trying to get his plates machined up to his liking, but each one along the way has dropped the ball.. holding up the project.

What I found, "more frustrating than anything", was the fact you constantly felt the need to post up asking when its going to be finished.

Here's just a few I dug up quick.

Quote:
03-26-2007, 07:41 PM
AlphaFox
I just read this whole thread and I get to the end here and I find out its still not done yet!! I was about to click 'order' haha
Quote:
03-27-2007, 09:19 PM
AlphaFox
its tomorrow today, wheres the full report?!?
guess no fires were lit... /cry
Quote:
03-29-2007, 06:32 PM
AlphaFox
can we preorder one? did you determine how much?
I call dibs on #2 once you get it on #1. ;)
Quote:
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
AlphaFox
News?!?!?!?!?!!?
Quote:
04-03-2007, 10:25 PM
AlphaFox
Chino, whats the dilly yo? any word?
Quote:
04-10-2007, 11:34 AM
AlphaFox
so........... sick............of.................... waiting......
Quote:
04-12-2007, 05:35 PM
AlphaFox
btw, hows it going charles?
Quote:
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
AlphaFox
CHRIS GETTING HIS INTAKE THIS WEEKEND?

Quote:
04-26-2007, 09:40 PM
AlphaFox
Life is borring without chino! are you still on track for Chris's intake this weekend? :fingers crossed:
Quote:
04-30-2007, 11:18 AM
AlphaFox
not to be a pain, but did you get the intake this weekend Chris?
Quote:
05-03-2007, 12:34 PM
AlphaFox
any progress reports? did the rtard machinest get the plates done?
Quote:
05-04-2007, 02:01 PM
AlphaFox
Is chris getting the intake THIS weekend??
Quote:
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
AlphaFox
No offense to anyone, Chris or Charles, but I am getting discouraged waiting for this intake. It would be nice if there were weekly updates, but when someone asks the status is like we are slaping your mother or something. If there is going to be some hudge delay, then just say so. the worst thing is just not to say anything and have people expecting it soon.
Quote:
05-24-2007, 08:41 AM
AlphaFox
Its not out yet. only chino knows and hes not sayin just yet, hopefully soon!
Quote:
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
AlphaFox
Charles, so you have sent some test samples out allready? does this mean you resolved the MAF plate issue and production will be soon???!
Quote:
06-08-2007, 09:41 AM
AlphaFox
Any updates on the intake Chris/Charles? its been a while since ive heard any news.
Quote:
06-08-2007, 07:03 PM
AlphaFox
hah...
no really. why is it so dificult to give status updates...
You said your going to introduce it at $120 now, so you must be coming along with it, no?
Here's a straight fwd answer for you.... it's not done yet.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:16 AM   #269
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
YOU TELL 'EM STEVE-DAVE!

These people you are talking about ALPHA, are normal people you like and me (well maybe more me then you) They have jobs and school and friends and family and jobs... Other then making you parts for your car...

And they do this because they love our cars and because they want to save YOU, ALPHA, save you a couple of dollars and NOT get ripped off!

So, if it became too much to handle, because thier hobby isn't their job, You should bit your tough, say thank you for the effort, and truely admire them for doing something YOU ARE TO (_BLANK_) TO DO!

Here is a list of pre choosen Adjectives to help you fill in that blank!

Lazy
Stupid
Iggnorant
Broke
Fat
Dumb
Ball-less
Cowardly
Poor

Personally for me, it's the lazy thing!

But seriously Chino and Chris... Thank you, all your contrabutions to this community out weighs any mistake you think you have made!

And personally My air intake WILL be the last peice I put on my car... Just in case... Keep me on that list!

p.s (No Spell Checker!)

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #270
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
You should bit your tough, say thank you for the effort, and truely admire them for doing something YOU ARE TO (_BLANK_) TO DO!

Lazy
Stupid
Iggnorant
Broke
Fat
Dumb
Ball-less
Cowardly
Poor
I guess the adjective that describes my situation best out of the above would be "Iggnorant" (not sure that's a word ), although that could be changed pretty quickly if someone (Nutzoids, Chino, Chris, et al) were to do a DIY on this! I guess that would be the next best thing to the actual intake. At least a few pointers for us n00bs would be of great .

Anyway, I do appreciate trying to get us a nice deal on an intake. I have to admit that I feel a bit of Alpha's pain nonetheless. I don't believe his constant questions regarding the intake were meant to nag the hell out of you guys (much), but rather to encourage you guys to get it done. Also I do agree that being a bit more realistic/straightforward as to what stage the project was at would've helped fellow members a lot, and would've probably reduced nagging posts/PMs to a minimum.

Sorry for the long post, but some of you guys have helped me out quite a bit so far, and I wanted to attempt to return the favor by speaking out on a sensitive topic such as this.
Quote:
p.s (No Spell Checker!)
No siht!