Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
bad
Winterizing

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Red face Just a few questions about winterizing (noob)

I'm considering the following remote starters...

http://www.amazon.com/Crimestopper-R...9770500&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.com/Crimestopper-S.../dp/B001UHAF84

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrastart-U12...9769162&sr=1-1

I just want to get a package that is gonna have everything I will need to install.
I want to be able to start the car from a little over 1,000 feet, unlock the two doors and hatchback also, and start the rear defroster and heated mirrors if i get them. (I have an '08 LB)

I don't know if I have an S or not. It has power windows and locks and an aux in and power mirrors.

My mirrors take forever to defog in the morning. Do the heated mirrors defog them as well as melt ice? Or does anyone know of a alternative solution to this problem?

My current tires are yokogama p185/60r15 84t. Can anyone explain what that means? They are on steel rims.

I want to buy snow tires with another set of rims. I will buy alloy if they are close to the same price as steel and then switch the tires I have now with those alloys (to not ruin the alloys in the wintery salt)... but if I just find steels to buy what are a different variations of the numbers I typed above what numbers will work for my vehicle?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE AND THANK YOU TO CTSCOTT WHO HAS BEEN ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS BECAUSE I JUST LEARNED HOW TO POST TODAY!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
I can tell you that heated mirrors are Fantastic!!
Yes, they will defog as well melt/loosen ice. IMO they should be standard safety equipment on all cars in the northern states
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
bad
Winterizing

heated mirrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRide View Post
I can tell you that heated mirrors are Fantastic!!
Yes, they will defog as well melt/loosen ice. IMO they should be standard safety equipment on all cars in the northern states
Thanks I'm going to order them now then. I hope I can figure them out. I definitely will feel safer like you said. Ever hook them up to your remote start?
Old 10-29-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
bad
Winterizing

remote starter

i decided to buy this remote starter/keyless entry.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q4C2P0

it had good reviews and was said to be easy.

does anybody know of anything else I will need to make this remote start, unlock doors and hatch, and turn on heated mirrors and my rear defrost?

Thanks in advance you guys and gals are really great!

Tags
heated mirrors, remote start, s or not?, snow tires