Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #1
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Hks and Nitto Mid-Pipe

I any one running this set-up? How is the sound? Any videos or sound clips? Thank you in advance!
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
which HKS exhaust? There are two versions, the Hi-Power which is AFAIK not available in the us and LOUD (I should know, I had one), and the Silent-Power which I saw advertised on a couple of sites and should be quieter.

But anyway, I personally do not know of anyone with any combination of the two, I ran my Hi-Power with the stock pipe then swapped to a full Nitto setup.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #3
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
I'm running hks hi-power with nitto mid-pipe and megan header . Its pretty loud imo , but sounds really good. Sounds nice and deep not "tinny" sounding at all .
Old 04-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #4
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Thank you for the info. When you say deep do you mean like civic fart can deep? My brother has a 240 and want my exhaust to sound a little like his dont know his brand of muffler but its straight through and has a little bit of a rasp to it do you know what I mean?
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #5
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
I'm running hks hi-power with nitto mid-pipe and megan header . Its pretty loud imo , but sounds really good. Sounds nice and deep not "tinny" sounding at all .
Pics! Now! I've never seen another in the states.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #6
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Never enough auto claims that the one they sell is the Hi-Power but not sure about dropping that much money of the Silent-power.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:23 AM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

They do, but the pic doesn't look like mine. I'm just curious to see if there is a difference between the two.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
My personal opinion for the price of a really nice exhaust you could have a muffler shop custom make you one that will end up probaly better and with money in your pocket leftover.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
ChinoCharles
Banned

^^^ I disagree with that statement. Without testing what you're building before you build it, how the system will sound is a total roll of the dice, and a $250 job shop isn't going to take the time to try your system twice.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I don't know I may still do it. They said the one in the pic was not vehical specific curious to see what the Silent-Power one would sound like. Do you have a sound clip for the Hi-Power one? Different from etimago?
Old 04-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #11
ChinoCharles
Banned

The Hi-Power I have was eTiMaGo's. That is why I'm curious to see if it is the same one... I was under the impression you couldn't get these, but if you can I'll be the first to tell you its the best exhaust ever in the history of forever. I love that damn thing. NOTHING you get custom fabbed would sound that good. If it were a little more open I'd keep it.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #12
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

What do you mean you'd keep it? eTiMaGo didn't have a sound clip outside the car could you do that for me?
Old 04-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredrocket View Post
Thank you for the info. When you say deep do you mean like civic fart can deep? My brother has a 240 and want my exhaust to sound a little like his dont know his brand of muffler but its straight through and has a little bit of a rasp to it do you know what I mean?
for what it's worth, I had a friend come over from Australia at that time, he had a S13 Silvia over there, said my exhaust sounded pretty much like his...

But yeah with the car's low idle, it often sounded more like I had an old pickup truck diesel engine under the hood (or a Subaru, yeah )

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote