Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Deadening recommendation

So I have a 07 Yaris Sedan and I just upgraded my whole system for the second time. I had all Sony since Christmas of last year and I finally got a better job and saved up for this upgrade. I now have 6.5 JL C5's in the front doors, the rear are 6x9 JLs, and I have one 12 JL W6 sub in the trunk in a 3 foot ported box. I'm listing these things here in case it's helpful in order to answer my question or if anyone wants an idea for an EXTREMELY GREAT setup. I was going to buy Dynamat but its too pricey, right when I was going to buy eDead then they disappeared, so what would be some good material to buy? It sounds like I have cans in the back when my sub hits so I want something good yet not as expensive as Dynamat.
Thanks in advance!
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
jetblast

Drives: Gen 1 XB
The Stinger brand from Sonicelectronix.com, matched up with some additional carpet padding available from Lowe's/ Home Depot. Skip their spendy rollers, and just use a scrap of wood to smooth and adhere.
jetblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Stinger? Never heard of it. How much do you recommend? I remember reading somewhere that applying dampening to a whole trunk is a waste of money and only need it on the centers of each panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast View Post
The Stinger brand from Sonicelectronix.com, matched up with some additional carpet padding available from Lowe's/ Home Depot. Skip their spendy rollers, and just use a scrap of wood to smooth and adhere.
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote