Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
if I could

Ok if I could order a yaris with the options I wanted it would only be $16,531.00. Course that is about the price of a tc so I might be better of getting a tc but I dont know. Ok for options I have picked package d, trd rims,wheel locks,shocks, muffler, oil cap,radiator cap,trd shiftknob,armrest,door sills. Now I would probley just buy all this stuff online and save a but load. I didnt get a spoiler because I would want the kaminari kit so it would be a waste to get the stock spoiler. Ok and why does it not show the cai on the toyota site I am on? Is it because when I put in my zip code it takes options away or something? It is the same for scion because I have a brocher for the tc and it list the 18" trd wheels and the sc but when I go on the site it dont mention them. I like the yaris but I like the tc for its sports car looks and well it basicly is one.
graywolf_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:08 AM   #2
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Are you talking about the Yaris hatch or sedan?? Anyway I guess just weigh your options finacially in the long run what you can afford as pro's and con's. Both are great cars its just do you want sporty? Or econo but with flare? And I believe that it depends on where you live if some options will show up or not, pretty crappy I know!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #3
Racheal

Drives: '07 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Racheal
trust me, you'd rather have the yaris than the tc.

tc=total crap.

yaris ftw.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
graywolf_14

Um why is the tc a peice of junk? I just love the looks and the fact that it comes basicly fully loaded stock.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
boris13

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback, 5-speed
Nice looks on the tC, for sure. Great features too -- but mediocre gas mileage.
boris13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #6
Racheal

Drives: '07 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Racheal
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf_14 View Post
Um why is the tc a peice of junk? I just love the looks and the fact that it comes basicly fully loaded stock.

just my opinion, wasn't trying to start anything. actually, it was supposed to be funny. sorry if i offended anyone.

to me, its like riding in a pontiac grand prix - the doors come up too high and you barely have any window room. i wasn't really impressed with the interior.

compare the interior of the tc to the yaris and not one single person who has checked out my interior didn't fall in love with it! the middle console with the speed, the cloth seats everyone has just REALLY loved b/c they're not normal and they look awesome.

to me, i would actually rather own a yaris. if you're basing it on just looks, then im sure most people would find the tc to look better. i never said it looks ugly.

but then again, its MY opinion.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #7

Drives: 07 yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf_14 View Post
Ok if I could order a yaris with the options I wanted it would only be $16,531.00. Course that is about the price of a tc so I might be better of getting a tc but I dont know. Ok for options I have picked package d, trd rims,wheel locks,shocks, muffler, oil cap,radiator cap,trd shiftknob,armrest,door sills. Now I would probley just buy all this stuff online and save a but load. I didnt get a spoiler because I would want the kaminari kit so it would be a waste to get the stock spoiler. Ok and why does it not show the cai on the toyota site I am on? Is it because when I put in my zip code it takes options away or something? It is the same for scion because I have a brocher for the tc and it list the 18" trd wheels and the sc but when I go on the site it dont mention them. I like the yaris but I like the tc for its sports car looks and well it basicly is one.
not sure what tc you are looking at, i would bet that it is still more money in stock form and if you were to spec it similar to the yaris you will be over 20k.

i like the yaris hatch better it handles better also my spikey hair always hits the roof in a tc
Old 01-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #8
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
TC is more of a "normal" car, with the hinderances of "normal" cars listed above.

I like the look, and the TC has alot of power potential... but its not gonna get nearly the same mileage, or handle nearly the same as the yaris. Its also more expensive.

All around, I'll keep the yaris :). I'm more into buy a baseline and make it exactly what ya want anyway... baseline to baseline, the yaris's cheap price is awesome.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:16 AM   #9
graywolf_14

So you would add all the power options? I think they have a look all there own. My talon gets about 28mpg and it only has a 1.8 so I think the 30 advertised for the tc is good. I think if u weigh it all the tc is well worth the money.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:21 AM   #10
graywolf_14

Plus the yaris even has a economy seating position. I love the seating position in my talon my knee sticks up higher than the shift knob. The consol is right there and when I stick my arm out the window it is horizontal if not a little higher. It feels sporty and makes me feel more connected to the car. Yeah it is harder to get out of the car but I am 20 and in good shape so I dont really care.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:20 AM   #11
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
The ride height is part of what made me buy the yaris.

Being low to the ground is nice when you dont need to see over anything... but backing out of parking spots, making left turns, seeing in front/around cars, getting out of the car... there are lots of advantages to being up a little higher.

Not feeling like I was getting out of a tiny sh!tbox was something I really liked when I first hopped out... its a PITA to get out of something extremely low.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #12
graywolf_14

I have never had a problem seeing in my car. And my talon has some of the biggest blind spots I have ever seen well or not seen. I had a festiva and I hated how high up u sat. I have bad eyes so it dont really make a difference. I dont like the feeling of driving a mini van.