Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
yaris07hb
PnutKar

Drives: 2011 Liftback w/manual box
Wrecked PnutKar: 2007 Yaris Liftback

Subject has given its life in a multi-car California freeway sandwich. Most unfortunate since I was quite happy with my daily 38mpg freeway average and 44 highway mileage. Car has been totaled and taken to the auction yard. I stripped what I could use on the 2011 I picked up yesterday. I hope I don't get the advertised mileage, that would be most aggravating. This car needs another gear for highway use.

Differences noted between PnutKar1 and PnutKar2:

Cheaper looking center console knobitry. They, and the vents, lack the "sophisticated" matte silver finish.
Leatherette shift boot superior in function to the reversed rubber boot/trash can of the previous car.
Blunt, bulldog nose on the new car. I prefer the look of the old car.
Disgusting orange instrumentation that causes much confusion between the clock and the odometer. Everything is one horrible color.
Driver's seat seems to have an extra notch rearward, unless else I've shrunk.
New car has options that the previous didn't: a tach, cruise, lazy windows and mirrors (perhaps this may explain lower mileage rating?).

I transferred my seat covers, armrest, floor mats, dash cover, anti-sway bar, and miscellaneous doo-dads. I couldn't salvage the bumper protector, mudguards or wheels/tires. I also have my ultra-bitchin' CTScott CC Module, assorted electrical goodies, jack, manuals, and rear compartment flippy-thing cover that attached to the hatch (I keep my rear seat folded all the time - I'll be most unhappy when the Scion IQ comes out later this year).

Vehicles I considered or researched:
Fiat 500 (too bad it's junk)
Used Mini and used Mazada3 (overpriced and 5 doors)
Mazda2 (again with the 5 doors)
Fiesta (there's those 5 doors again)
Accent SE (nice, but 2012 is the one to get - with a 6-speed manual)

So, how can I change my username? It does not reflect reality. Onward!

Pat
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dead_pnutkar.pdf (1.61 MB, 39 views)
yaris07hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
for changing your username, i am not sure if mods can do it, but i know that technically, bueller can...

for those seat covers, does the new one have seat mounted airbags? i switched to a subaru from an 01 echo, so i have no idea... if it does have a seat mounted airbag, take the seat cover off now, as the seat cover will just get in the way if that airbag tries to deploy

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
True about the airbags, I think for 2011 they are standard. A mod can't change your username, that is up to the elusive admins but CAN be done. You have as much of a chance of getting ahold of them as I do.

Glad you're OK, and have reconsidered a Yaris. You should be able to get great MPG from the new Yaris. I have a '07 and a '09, and the '09 is stock and still gets mid 40's on the highway.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote