Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #19
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
I don't think they are sold since he doesn't want anyone to see them, i asked for a pic and never got it.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 PM   #20
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Sold
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
netz2008

Drives: 2008 hatchback
Wow, you want to play this bullshit, Jake? I'll play.
I bought these a few days before christmas, was told on the 29th that they were shipped from his company's warehouse (singular). I had asked him from the very beginning to give me a simple tracking number for these, and received only a couple of replies - none of which answered my question. I want the tracking number because my mailman has delivered a good number of my things to another house down the street, and a few of those things were lost altogether. Two days ago, I asked Jake if there was a tracking number, and no response.
Today, I text him this:
"Jake, if i don't get a tracking # by the end of today, i'm filing a claim on paypal. I don't have any proof of shipping, and it's been 11 days since I paid"

Then I get this:
"Ok well they were shipped from another building. I'll send you your money back tonight, when the coilovers arrive send them right back. I'll send extra money for shipment. I'm not having some noobie from our forum threaten me. The money will be sent back when I get off work."

Then I say:
"ummm i'm going to keep them if/when they arrive. I asked you several times for the #, so it's not like i never asked for it. I'm being rational. You dont respond to me, and you get defensive when i say i'll open a claim? Anyone else would do the same. Now, what's the tracking number?"

Then I get this:
"Nope i'm sorry send them back when they get there. I'm sending you the money back here in a bit."

What is everyone's take on this? I sure as hell am not going to send these back, since I paid and was courteous the whole time. I don't even know if they were shipped period, since he keeps avoiding my VERY SIMPLE question.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #22
netz2008

Either way, I would recommend people be wary when buying anything from jekqmb because, despite what he says, I don't think he has as great a reputation on here as he says he does.

Last edited by netz2008; 01-04-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
netz2008

Jake, or Kelsey, whatever your name is - do not threaten me by telling me you work for a well known performance company and that i shouldn't piss you off. For you to tell me you will file a claim against me for KEEPING THE COILOVERS I PAID FOR and telling me you'll get me kicked off the forum is very childish indeed. And going to your manager and having him reverse the shipping so that the coilovers go back to your warehouse and only offer me a portion of what I paid for originally is criminal. Do the community a favor and man up: give me the USPS tracking number and don't give me any more BS.

I asked you for a tracking number several times, and you never gave me one. What did you think was going to happen?! Don't give me some bs about being impatient, I paid fair and square, and I wanted to know the tracking number - plain and simple.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
AND HERE I JUMP IN!!!!

Ill delete my comments once i get my item.
______
He was the same way about the Harness i bought along with the racing seat. Sure $275 for a seat plus brackets and harness is awesome, but i never got the Harness. For more than a month i never got a reply on the status of shipping. Then 2 weeks ago, he said he would ship it. I also asked for Tracking Numbers for both items, never got it. Least i Got the seat and rails....but the seat was damaged, with 2.5in tear on the back of the headrest area even tho he said perfect condition. Blamed it on the shipping department also. I was like whatever, ill sew it and I did, I have been reasonable as well....he said he lost the Harness i BOUGHT, so he would ship me a different one (color) will not match my car.

It took many PMs (o look you can see one of them in the first page), asking him to reply to my PM in his Selling Posts to get his attention...

Item in question, notice Mr Blurry Cam, and no shots of the back. Installing was not bolt and play, but i figured it out (not a knock on him least for that)

LMAO, its exactly 3 months since i bought them...mmm

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274

Last edited by ezhacker1; 01-04-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Unless its coming from Thailand or Japan or somewhere in Asia......it shouldnt take 3 months or so to ship and receive within US.

Report him, keep all your PM conversations together, screen caps of proof of him with no info on paypal, etc.

Its hard earned money....
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Personally i wouldnt buy from a seller if he/she couldnt post pics of said item on a forum for people.

Why is he worried about his custom setup if he is selling them anyways? Its not like you invented a whole new product....gg
Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #27
netz2008

I received two blurry pictures via email of these coilovers on his car - nothing very informative.
But I think it's absolutely WRONG to be harassed and threatened by someone who never gave a tracking number for an expensive item, and then told to return what I WANTED to buy. Btw, I received a payment from him on paypal: $281. That is weak: not only did he not refund the $300 and the extra for shipping like he said, but it's not even close to $300.
And he says he'll get ME kicked off the forum because I'm supposedly the kind of person that ruins "his" forum. BS. I've been patient and polite, and he has the nerve to tell me what he's told me? Is this the sort of thing I can expect every time I buy something here?

I wonder exactly which well-known performance company he works for. If he wants to hide behind his warehouse manager and his power to call USPS and return my item to them before I've even received it, this is grounds for getting the Better Business Bureau involved, since he's using his company.

Kelsey: I'll be damned if I'm returning these to you.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #28
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

@netz2008 - im sorry to hear you are having a bad experience here in terms of transactions. But tgis place has good sellers, really.

You shouldnt have to return them if you arent even getting a full refund...from what has been said on here.

Post feedback on this user in feedback thread for future ref.

And.....he cant kick anyone off this forum but himself.....hahaha. Sounds immature if yiu want my opinion.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #29
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think it's down right BS what the seller is doing. I believe he was the one that was also complaining about the lack of people doing mods on here, so I would assume he would be willing to help people out with mods, by 1. actually selling something LEGIT, and 2. posting pics to help people "mod" their cars. Like said above, it isn't his actual product, just something he modded. I mean, come on, people post things that they modded for the benefit of the community, and aren't selfish.

I say report it to everyone involved, PayPal and the BBB (his name should be in his PayPal profile, right?). This is just downright dirty.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #30
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
I think pics of the item being sold should be REQUIRED/MANDATORY from now on in the F/S threads due to sellers like this.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #31
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
Good to know this seller is a scam artist. Good luck everyone and report his ass.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
I sent pics to a potential buyers email...... can't have my pics of the mods out there.
First post that I would had raised RED FLAG
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #33
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
They dont look much different at all, they have different spindles and the collars have been modified a bit.... I dont want people seeing pictures of the work i did cause its a one of a kind setup. I will let them go for 300 shipped. I got Air ride to get set up and I need these gone so we can get the air ride on my car. I dont need them sold, its just delaying my air from going on cause i dont have the stock suspension anymore.
Second post for a warning
Old 01-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #34
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
This is making Microcarmag.com look bad IMO...

My odometer 03/11
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...a/2843ed85.jpg
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #35
Kaykogi

Drives: 2009 Barcelona Red Sedan
I bought the wheels that he had for sale a while ago. It's been a month since I paid him and still no wheels. They might have been shipped, but I can't know for sure because I haven't gotten a tracking number or anything besides a "Oh man no wheels? Dang! hope my shipping department got them out on time!" Again, hiding behind his warehouse thing. I still have 15 days to open a paypal dispute on this, and if I don't hear something soon, or get the wheels in the condition he promised, I will do just that.

I really wasn't too worried until I saw the problems netz2008 was having with him, too. I will definitely be keeping all info related to this in case something happens.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #36
netz2008

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares my point of view. I knew I wasn't wrong with this.

His business' name is microcarmag? If it is, I will remember this very well.

@ Kaotic Lazagna (and anyone else that wants to know) his name on paypal is Kelsey Born. And, surprise surprise, his account is not verified. And I agree: pics of items for sale should be mandatory. My last fs thread didn't have pictures of my sway bar off the car, but at least I had one on the thread.

@ kioshi, thank you for your support of this forum. I was hoping this wouldn't be a repeat of my experience on a certain not-to-be-named honda forum. And, like I said, I'll be damned if I'm returning these. Even if he had refunded the full amount, I'd keep them.

@ kaykogi, did he say he shipped them through USPS? Maybe it's just me, but shouldn't a business have some sort of deal with UPS or Fedex? I'm starting to worry that these coilovers are blown or something...
Closed Thread