Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM   #37
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I thinkt he 19 mm bar makes sense for you. I run a TRD, which is essentially the same as the 19 UR bar,a nd I like the balance. I feel like the 23mm bar would cause too much rotation for me, with my autocross setup, but everyone is different on that. If its just a street-driven DD, don't think you'll see any advantage in the 23mm.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #38
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
I've come to the same conclusion. The 19mm bar is just right for my needs. Just waiting for more cash to come in now and looking for a place that can install it at a reasonable price and that can torque the bolts properly.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #39
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I've come to the same conclusion. The 19mm bar is just right for my needs. Just waiting for more cash to come in now and looking for a place that can install it at a reasonable price and that can torque the bolts properly.
makes sense to me too.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #40
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
Just waiting for more cash to come in now and looking for a place that can install it at a reasonable price and that can torque the bolts properly. .
Any private mechanic shop should do it for very little, but you'd be even better-off going onto scionlife.com or a honda forum and finsing someone who'll throw it on for $20. It really is that easy, and fast. Took me 20 minutes, and that's with a smoke break. :)
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #41
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
.. I'm sorry but I can't do better than the $134.95 shipped price....

I can do deals when people order more than one thing, as many of you have discovered.

Just trying to pay the rent and buy my race gas, LOL
Garm, I think you should really consider a price increase. JUST a small one, for JUST Jesus. Yeah. That way you can pay for MY race gas too! !yayyyy
LOL
wait, I don't need race gas. Okay, keep them great prices. yayyyy
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:58 PM   #42
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Any private mechanic shop should do it for very little, but you'd be even better-off going onto scionlife.com or a honda forum and finsing someone who'll throw it on for $20. It really is that easy, and fast. Took me 20 minutes, and that's with a smoke break. :)
I'd do it for free, just for the fun of it

I'm trying to get a friend from work to buy some upgrades, so I can install them for him.
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 PM   #43
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Yeah, me installing it is not going to happen.

I've never worked under the car and don't know where I'd even attach it. I could go to my Toyota dealer and have them install it, but then that would bring the total cost way over what it's worth.

It's four bolts! Follow the instructions and take a walk on the wild side.
Or bring some lubricant along to the $tealership because they're going to bend you over.
The corner garage might be more $ane.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #44
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
If its just a street-driven DD, don't think you'll see any advantage in the 23mm.
Agreed!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #45
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
If its just a street-driven DD, don't think you'll see any advantage in the 23mm.
unless you live in a place where the roads are full of twists and turns, like me. Even then I think you'd have to do 3x the speed limit for it to really help... so you are definitely better off with a 19mm if price is a concern.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #46
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i don't know, snap oversteer sounds like fun. I think I'd for for the 23mm just because of that comment. Nothing like the rear end sliding out on a fwd. Pretty cool thing in my book.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #47
tomasmgid
I've made a post!

Drives: asf
This car is my daily driver,
tomasmgid is offline   Reply With Quote