Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
new member, new car (to me anyway)

I recently bough a yaris (3-18-2011). it is a 2008 3d yaris S. it had less than 18k miles on it.

I plan to post pics when I get time. not sure what direction I want to go with it. I did buy it for mileage but wouldn't mind doing some performancy stuff to it either.

hopefully I will learn a lot here and not make too big of a fool out of myself as a noob.

thanks to all
BEEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Welcome. You'll find this forum is a treasure trove of information on your new car ;)
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
BEEF

I'm on a few forums and I am suprised that there isn't an introduce yourself forum or new member forum.

regardless, I decided to introduce myself here. hopefully that is all good. I don't consider this my forum yet as I am kind of a guest in someone elses house. given that, i am trying to follow the rules (per se).

tried to send a PM to cali-yaris and it wouldn't let me. probably since I was a noob. heard he is the guy to go to for some cool stuff for the yaris.

I will be around. hoping to have pics up this evening. you can see my car here as I am a member of gassavers.org and have been for about 3 years now.

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/view/3041

my focus in general transportation but was thinking a turbo would be really cool too. there again, not sure which direction to go with it yet.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEF View Post
I'm on a few forums and I am suprised that there isn't an introduce yourself forum or new member forum.
Welcome aboard! Here is a check in...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
BEEF

wow, never would have found that.

thanks for the link though.

may have to make a post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #6
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
You are welcome. There is a wealth of information on Yaris World. The 'Search' tool is very helpful for this site. Good luck!

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
BEEF

yea, trying my best not to ask stupid questions yet (note the yet)

I noticed you are a gassavers member. I'm pretty big into it over there though I run a cavalier over there mostly. have done way too much stuff to that car. none of it was expensive but all was very time consuming. she is on her way out so this was the replacement. still gonna run the snot out of the cav before I retire her to the junkyard though.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Welcome . Stupid questions are better than none , only way to find out things . So , fire away . Like the black for the YARIS L.B. . Enjoy .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
DebbyM46227

Drives: 2017 Yaris IA, Pulse Red, Auto
Quote:

I noticed you are a gassavers member. I'm pretty big into it over there though I run a cavalier over there mostly. have done way too much stuff to that car. none of it was expensive but all was very time consuming. she is on her way out so this was the replacement. still gonna run the snot out of the cav before I retire her to the junkyard though.
Hi, Beef! I got rid of a '97 Cavalier to get my Yaris. I bought my Cavalier Rally Sport new and took good care of it but around 85K miles, everything started going wrong with it (like a head gasket!).

I love my Yaris 1000 times more than I liked the Cavalier.
DebbyM46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
BEEF

debby,

my cav has been actually really good to me. especially considering it's past. I got it at 95,000 miles. the guy I bought it from owned a body shop and had rebuilt it from a wreck. it has parts from a '96 and '98. the fit and finish isn't so great but mechanically it is in good condition.

last january (about 15 months ago) a deer nailed me so it is in even worse shape. I haven't had full coverage for a few years so I fixed the damage myself with parts from amazon.com and some krylon paint. it isn't perfect but it still runs.

currently it has just over 212,000 on it. I would love to get 230, 240, 250 but you know how that goes sometimes.

several people have told me that mine is the exception and not the rule. I have had very few major problems with it. when I first got it, it needed new injectors. they put faulty ones in it when they built it. not a recall but should have been.

glad you like the yaris, when it first came out, I thouht they were awesome but couldn't qute justify it.

****edit****

I didn't mention that I have had it for 7 years this past march and I paid $2000 for it when I bought it.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #11
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
No questions are stupid here but just remember we do have a search section or you don't know something pm someone ppl here are always willing to help
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #12
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Oh and WELCOME lol
Old 04-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
BEEF

yea, I have been lurking for a while so I have learned a lot just by doing that.

BTW, like the signature
Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

That's my baby