Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
gaffo

Drives: integra
My all time personal record was back in 93:

San Jose CA to Oklahoma nonstop.

technically I eat lunch somewhere and took a 45 minute rest break in Flagstaff but could not sleep (too wired) so just started on the road again until I hit OK.

36 hours (34.5 hours driving time) 2000? miles.

around that time I did a moving trip in a truck with crap to offload (round trip from northenr Ok to Austin TX: 18 hours 900 miles).

always loved driving - but try to do so in as much daylight as possible.
gaffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #38
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
First road trip last Summer (and yes I did get out of the car for a few hours). Made it there and back on a full tank

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd#mvt=m&lat=3...2=surf%2C%20ca

Planning a much longer trip this Summer

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #39
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Taos, New Mexico to Orange County, CA, for a total of 905 miles, non-stop.

Going to drive from OC to Bend, Oregon in a few days, and I think that drive is around 1,200 miles; just stopping for gas/food.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #40
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I drove 8ish hours Friday, it was fine except the usual, lots of swaying on the highway at high speeds and loud road noise.

I am taking the same exact trip again and am considering if I can do it without getting gas if I leave with a full tank this time. What do you guys think? I think someone mentioned they took a 9 hour trip with their yaris and didn't stop for gas?

Friday I left without a full tank and needed gas at 4 hours. And when I reached home after another 4 hours I had half a tank left. (and I still do and have driven to work today & yesterday) So half a tank = more than 4 hours of driving, so I'm assuming I can make my 8 hour trip without a gas stop till the end *crosses fingers*

Fridays drive was just a test drive (I'm paranoid, yes I wasted a tank of gas just to drive somewhere and turn around... I'm glad I did, the trip took me an hour more than I expected, AND when I got there I found out there was a time change I didnt know about. If I hadnt taken my test drive I would have been 2 hours late on the real day I'm going there) so I reached my destination after 4 hours, got gas, and turned right around.

This Thursdays drive I'm staying a few hours when I reach my destination and will be in a hurry arriving and leaving.. so I don't want to bother with gas, espceially at 2am, who knows if a station will be open in a city I don't know.

Lets hope a concert doesn't make me too tired to drive, fall asleep, and crash. I'm going to buy some red bull lol. Any other long trip advice? I have work the day of and next day which is why I will be in a hurry
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #41
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiirenet View Post
Lets hope a concert doesn't make me too tired to drive, fall asleep, and crash. I'm going to buy some red bull lol. Any other long trip advice? I have work the day of and next day which is why I will be in a hurry
Being late for anything isn't worth risking your life. That's my only tip I can give you. Just let your work know you may be late so you're not in a hurried mood.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #42
wiirenet

Well, I won't literally be going to work after the concert, I'm guessing I'll be leaving around 12-1am, getting home at 4-5am then I have work at 8am. So I doubt I'll be late to work, just really tired. If I trusted the area I would take a short nap in my car before my drive home lol, but it looked shady when I went there last week.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #43
33OH

You probably won't be tired after a concert anyways, you'll be all pumped up.

Good luck on your trip!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM   #44
wiirenet

Thanks =) =) Its kind of exhillerating. I rarely go anywhere by myself, and I'm just recently trying to be independant and doing what I want even if no one will do it with me haha. And the driving long distance is new to me too, but my test drive was actually fun for me heh.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #45
33OH

What concert are ya going to see?
Old 04-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #46
wiirenet

He's not super famous but I REALLY like him.. name is Voltaire.. people dress up for his shows and site says "Fire dancers, circus sideshows, and much much more" Haha. And they're calling it a prom (though its 21+) so I am definitely dressing up since I never have occasions to.

Oh its also at a club, and I've never been to a club before.. Talbott street at indianapolis.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #47
33OH

Ahh, cool. Never heard of him, but sounds fun. I've never been to a club either.