Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
verbel

Drives: Toyota
Using warranty in Europe

I am going to be moving to Belgium for a few years and I have to take a vehicle with me. I currently have a older Saturn and would like to get something with better gas mileage and reliability. The only thing I am concerned with is warranty issues. If I buy this car here Will I be able to get it serviced under its warranty in Europe?
verbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbel View Post
I am going to be moving to Belgium for a few years and I have to take a vehicle with me. I currently have a older Saturn and would like to get something with better gas mileage and reliability. The only thing I am concerned with is warranty issues. If I buy this car here Will I be able to get it serviced under its warranty in Europe?
I know that if it was a camera, the answer would be "no". I would suggest contacting Toyota in Belgium.
If you are there for a few years, wouldn't you be better off buying a locally-sold car? If sometihng went wrong with an American-spec car, the Belgian Toyota dealers may not be able to source parts.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
verbel

Drives: Toyota
Part of the reason is things seem to be more expensive over there, and here I can get trade in though it will not be alot.
verbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
We took a brand new US-specs VW Passat to Germany in 1995, and we were told the US warranty was not valid in Europe. But we did get a recall issue covered by a German VW dealership. The same happened with a US-specs Honda motorcycle I owned, and the recall didn't effect the European version of the model. Plus, Toyotas are generally very reliable, so if it were me I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially considering that the Yaris is popular vehicle over there (I saw a ton when I was in Germany and the UK this past January).

Where are you heading to in Belgium? We lived outside of Mons from 2002-2005. And are you at Scott AFB going to HQ NATO or SHAPE? I have a few friends at TRANSCOM who were at SHAPE with us...if you are looking for some folks with firsthand experience of the Mons area, I will PM you their info.

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote