Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 03:36 PM   #1
crankyelbow

Drives: speedy
Turbo Kit for Sale/Trade

Back again, the deal with chino didn't go through (I no longer had the opportunity to cruise out to ohio at my leisure by the time he was ready to do the deed).

-----

This is the ZPI kit - emanage/14b/FMIC with a 2.5" stainless exhaust that has a resonator nothing else. I have a tach and boost guage that would be included. The kit has 40k of trouble free miles on it, I have an auto so the turbo didn't have alot of stress on it (for the sake of the tranny, which is still holding perfectly!). People will rag on the ZPI setup of using the emanage in limp mode, but I've got 40k on the *original* tune with 0 issues!!!! If you don't want the emanage thats fine too, knock off $100 :)

I'm just south of chicago, and am more than willing to let someone sit in the passenger side/race their yaris to show them the difference, 7psi of boost on this light car is dramatic and extremely worth the upgrade... especially with a deal like this!!!!

If interested give me a call - 77367774961. I don't have much opportunities to get online so calling would be the best.
----

I can sell it outright, its on the car now but the car is currently sitting in my garage awaiting removal. $750 for everything, the 2.5" stainless exhaust (which is in great condition) + resonator would be free with this deal if you want it.. otherwise I'll use what I can on my celica.

If you want to trade for stock parts we can work it out.

I'd have to calculate shipping, it depends on how it would fit in a box... I'd say around $50 for most of the US.

Ready when you are!
Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
damn that's a good deal
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
Good deal. So it ran fine with the emanage tune? Did you dyno it? Was it on a sedan or liftback yaris?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
Good deal. So it ran fine with the emanage tune? Did you dyno it? Was it on a sedan or liftback yaris?
Kenny @ ZPI did one hell of a job in tuning this car!!!! They used the dyno tune that "turboyaris" had done and modded it slightly... so its "based' on a dyno tune.

It was on a liftback, IIRC the kit also fits sedans, the liftbacks bumper had less space so there was some modding done... but I do believe what I have fits both Yarii.

Dug out those pics finally!

The air filter pic'd is replaced by a AEM dryflow, btw.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Hmmm, im calling my bank Monday..lol...you might have a PM soon enough.

IF anything, its a good starter kit to build from.

Oh, and Im not trying to be a jerk, but those 20 inch chrome rollers look familiar...lol
Old 03-14-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
o...m....g......i want this now thats a freakin good ass deal O.o wish i had the money for it
Old 03-14-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
I wanted to ask, how did the kit run the oil / coolant lines? I am highly interested in this
Old 03-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #8
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
how did you get the MAF all the way on the other side of the engine bay?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
how did you get the MAF all the way on the other side of the engine bay?
Its in a near stock location.

I've read that this is a bad setup... but if proof is in the pudding, I've well proved it to work :)
Old 03-14-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
I wanted to ask, how did the kit run the oil / coolant lines? I am highly interested in this
Feed I'm not sure.

Return is through a hole poked in the block.

I'll have in depth pics when I yank it out, stay tuned
Old 03-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Hmmm, im calling my bank Monday..lol...you might have a PM soon enough.

IF anything, its a good starter kit to build from.

Oh, and Im not trying to be a jerk, but those 20 inch chrome rollers look familiar...lol
The kit is good for any amount of boost this motor would realistically take... the 14b is plenty capable of giving this little 1.5 all it can handle - see the 10 second 14b eclipse

The emanage, SSQV, and external wastegate setup IMO is absolutely optimal... a ball bearing turbo would be nice, and even with a brand new ball bearing (insert turbo of your choice) + this kit your coming out way cheaper than a new kit with a lesser turbo.

The kit can go without the turbo if wanted... frankly if I was to get this kit I'd go that route and get a new 14b (under $600 easily) just for piece of mind.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #12
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
nice nice
Old 03-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
I remember when this kit was in prototype phase and in production. I think I even got a ride in yours back in the day. Even though ZPI is no more, their kit was pretty decent for the Yaris.
I have all but the emanage and turbo for this kit still in storage. This is a good start for someone.

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
Adrenalingirl_K

Drives: yaris
How power did this kit put down to the wheels and I can't find a zpi website where i could order one, anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #15
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
PM sent.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #16
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
That contact number has one extra digit...
Old 03-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #17
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenalingirl_K View Post
How power did this kit put down to the wheels and I can't find a zpi website where i could order one, anyone point me in the right direction?
ZPI (Zero Point Industries) was a company that specialized in making turbocharger kits for multiple platforms, including the TC, Yaris, and others...

They came into troubles with many customers for not delivering product, or just taking forever to do so...In other words, shady company...

But from what we know of the 2 Yaris that came of the company, the kit runs fine. (Although about 3 months after 1 kit was put together, the car was totaled in an accident)

So before the company went belly up, they produced 2 working Yaris turbokits, which they claimed put down like 180ish whp.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm07yaris View Post
That contact number has one extra digit...
Lol...

I guess I was jittery when I typed it :)
Closed Thread