Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #1
PixieDawn

Drives: Yaris 2007, Eclipse 2000
Mud Gaurds..Help

Ok so I just got some of my goodies from TRD Sparks... but I cant figure out the mudgaurds... the front 2 i got on fine but the rear ones i cant figure out how to get them on the car.... my set didnt come with instructions...has anyone put them on the car yet?

Any help would be great.. the fronts had predrilled holes the backs didnt i just dont want to do them wrong...

will post pics in a few of the bumper protector, ext tip and front mud guards lol .. new petals come today, new headlight bulbs, and turn signal bulbs on the way as well... still looking for shoes

I think the TRd sent me the wron ext tip my inst say sedan on them and its oval not a slanted tip.. tell me whatyou guys think???

***edit***

Before:

After:

close up of pipe:

Last edited by PixieDawn; 07-18-2006 at 12:27 PM.
PixieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I like the tip...it has a nice clean look....as for the mud guards I can't help you...I have the S and they don't offer them for it.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #3
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
I have mud guards on my Yaris HB and have pulled them off to fit my kit, If you can wait and noone else chimes in I can take pics or give you some better idea once I get home?
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #4
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeukrainetz
I have mud guards on my Yaris HB and have pulled them off to fit my kit, If you can wait and noone else chimes in I can take pics or give you some better idea once I get home?
Mike that would be great I can wait lol trust me they arent going anywhere lol ... i already did the front ones.. any help would be great.. I know nothing about cars and this is a learning process for me

Last edited by PixieDawn; 07-18-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #5
Toddhata

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback, 00 Boxster
Send a message via AIM to Toddhata Send a message via Yahoo to Toddhata
I think I had to drill some holes for the rear, I have the instructions at my other office, I'll take a look and let you know tonight
Toddhata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddhata
I think I had to drill some holes for the rear, I have the instructions at my other office, I'll take a look and let you know tonight
Thanks :) you guys are the best.. I contacted TRDSparks to let them know they sent them without the instructions...
Old 07-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
You selling them?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Workshop manuals (including front and rear mud guards installations):

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...hp?t=47&page=2
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
redbluff

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
you do have to drill holes. the bottom of the rear mudgard attaches to the quarter panel with the existing clips that are underneath the quarte panel that also old in the plastic wheel well. once that is attached you then mark and pre-drill holes on the lip of the wheel well at the quarter panel. not a tough job.
redbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 PM   #10
PixieDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by as400g33k
Workshop manuals (including front and rear mud guards installations):

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...hp?t=47&page=2
You are the bestest ever... lol now i just have to be brave enough to put holes in the car.. do I have to remove the wheels to do this.. I wish I was a guy it would so much easier.....
Old 07-18-2006, 11:40 PM   #11
mikeukrainetz

Ill add my photos just for additional info - pardon the dirt they just came off.

They may not be the greatest but its all I could get, my camera really sucks.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
mikeukrainetz

I would sell them but the fronts are missing one screw a side, my son stuck them in the holes of my truck... seems to be a trend. Anyway, I can get a couple screws just PM me if your still interested.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #13
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Quote:
I would sell them but the fronts are missing one screw a side, my son stuck them in the holes of my truck... seems to be a trend. Anyway, I can get a couple screws just PM me if your still interested.
Missing hardware is no issue for me.. if you want to sell the mud flaps, front and rears, email me a price shipped to NJ.

Chris03hd@comcast.net
Old 07-19-2006, 11:40 AM   #14
redbluff

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDawn
You are the bestest ever... lol now i just have to be brave enough to put holes in the car.. do I have to remove the wheels to do this.. I wish I was a guy it would so much easier.....
No I did not have to remove the rear wheels. Used one of those small battery charged screw drivers but with a drill bit. Ensure you put the bottom in first with the clip from the wheel wheel mount that is already there. Then hold up the gard tight to the fender (quarter panel) and mark the holes. Then drill and screw in by hand.
redbluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:41 PM   #15
PixieDawn

Thanks!!

Thanks guys... I am going to try this tomorrow before I go to work.. the pics help.. see i got these 4 bags of screws lol so wasnt sure what to do with the little clips things and stuff.. thanks :)
Old 07-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #16
mikeukrainetz

Chris - After checking on TRD Sparks website it would be cheaper for you to buy the mudguards new off of their site. They are already in the US and could offer a much better deal on shipping than my used set from Canada.
Shipping accross the line sucks, Id have to give them away in order to meet the new price on the site... have a look and post back.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #17
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

No problem Mike, thanks anyway.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:54 AM   #18
casterqc

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Chris - After checking on TRD Sparks website it would be cheaper for you to buy the mudguards new off of their site. They are already in the US and could offer a much better deal on shipping than my used set from Canada.
Shipping accross the line sucks, Id have to give them away in order to meet the new price on the site... have a look and post back.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it is also cheaper for a Canadian to buy new mudguards from trdsparks than to go directly buy them at a local dealer! (even with taxes and shipping)

I don't understand...the price at TRD Sparks is 25.25$ and 56.94$ at Toyotapartsstore.com, the MSRP prices are not even the same too...is it the same part they're selling??
casterqc is offline   Reply With Quote