Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2009, 11:48 AM   #1
intake

Drives: yaris 2 1.3 mmt
hi performance gear oil

i wanna change my gear oil
toy said i have to buy the atf T-IV
where i can find a real extreme raing oil with these specfications?
Yaris 2007 mmt 1.3 , denso power iridium, pipercross air filter, purplepower 10/40 motor oil + zx1, simoni racing silencer, eibach , henry hausen wheels, modified air box, trd logo,oversized oil filter.
intake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Royal purple makes a good synthetic gear oil. Also no offense but shell v power gasoline isnt a mod =)
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
extreme racing automatic transmission oil? probably will be hard to find..

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
newyar

Drives: Yaris Liftback 2008
Yeah I'd recommend Royal Purple; their Max Gear 75W-90 is what I used.
newyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #5
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
B&M quickshift was what i used in my old drag civic.

anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
I use royal purple...love it
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:50 AM   #7
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
toyota T-IV is crap....sorry...but its junk. replace it with valvoline max life or equivalent royal purple or mobil 1 lubricant.

they put that crap in tons of cars claiming it lasts over 100k miles...BS.

toyota 4 fluid didnt even make it to 25k miles on my wifes aveo before it was black and smelled burnt...and she babies the car...seen the same results on toyotas and lexus vehicles and other imports with that crappy junk comming into my shop. the stuff is garbage.

and besides, what would you need "real extreme raing oil" in a automatic yaris anyway? my stripped down manual yaris with a few mods can't even get out of its own way let lone need anything with extreme racing specifications...

my advice, dump some max life in it, and dont power brake or neutral drop the econoboxes poor little auto trans.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post
toyota T-IV is crap....sorry...but its junk. replace it with valvoline max life or equivalent royal purple or mobil 1 lubricant.

toyota 4 fluid didnt even make it to 25k miles on my wifes aveo before it was black and smelled burnt...and she babies the car...seen the same results on toyotas and lexus vehicles and other imports with that crappy junk comming into my shop. the stuff is garbage.

and besides, what would you need "real extreme raing oil" in a automatic yaris anyway? my stripped down manual yaris with a few mods can't even get out of its own way let lone need anything with extreme racing specifications...

my advice, dump some max life in it, and dont power brake or neutral drop the econoboxes poor little auto trans.
Why would you put Toyota T-IV fluid in a Chevy? Weird...

Anyway, T-IV fluid does get dirty quite quickly, but the Toyota trannies that use it seem to last a very long time. I guess don't judge a fluids condition by it's color, same with engine oil...
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #9
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
There are a number of high-performance ATF fluids marketed to the Muscle car crowd,a s many of those drag cars and hot rods are A/T setups. I don't know what Royal Purple sells for ATF, but I suspect they offer something, and their products seem to rate well. Regardless, buy a full synthetic product, if at all possible. Also, see if TRD markets anything. I find it difficult to believe that the Toyota products wouldn't be great stuff. You can always increase the frequency of changes, if you really want to be sure. Also, get a magnetic drain plug, if available.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:08 AM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I just became an AmSoil dealer, I'll check what they have.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
fuji

Drives: Polar White Yaris HB
In general Amsoil products are very high quality. I would also be interested to ee if they have an AT fluid which can be used for the Yaris.
fuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
i bought one for manual 3 months ago i keed forgetting to put it on..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spades View Post

TOYOTA fluid in a DAEWOO there's your problem right there. how about you know what your talking about before you type abunch of .
SECONDLY, if your gonna bash something all of us own i suggest you take that crap over to the scion forums, loser......

Last edited by BLAZINBLUEVITZ; 04-21-2009 at 03:17 PM.
BLAZINBLUEVITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
try doing your research before you go and run your mouth. ALL automatic YARI have TOYOTA WS fluid which is rated at 100,000 miles not T-IV
. in my .02 your just another piece of crap that trolls on here just to bash what you own....
I have a friend who is a Toyota mechanic and says the fluid they use in the autos should not be left in the car that long. He said the cars that leave it in that long come back with tranny problems. People who change it out earlier (every 25k for the manual trans, there abouts) never have any issues.

There are very few fluids I would leave in any car that long, especially if the fluid was in a transmission.

Cheap insurance to change it.

Last edited by schleppy; 04-21-2009 at 09:29 PM.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
I have a friend who is a Toyota mechanic and says the fluid they use in the autos should not be left in the car that long. He said the cars that leave it in that long come back with tranny problems. People who change it out earlier (every 25k, there abouts) never have any issues.

There are very few fluids I would leave in any car that long, especially if the fluid was in a transmission.

Cheap insurance to change it.
fluid can be changed at any interval but its reccomended to be done between 80-100,00 miles. i don't know how anyone can say its bad to leave in car when this WS fliud hasn't been on market for that long to prove that theory....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
JBIZZ

Drives: 2007 Liftback white
I originally tried Royal Purple, but it was too slippery, and my synchro wouldn't work properly in 1st gear. I switched to Redline MT-90, now its fine.
JBIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #17
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
25k transmission fluid intervals? Are you kidding? I drive mostly city and hills with an automatic, and everywhere I took it still didn't think I NEEDED to change the fluid at 60k, because it wasn't shifting hard or anything, and the fluid wasn't that dirty(even though its illegal to recommend service based on fluid color) I did it at 60 anyway just to be on the safe side, but your burning money at 25k, and quickly defeating the purpose of having a reliable economy car.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
schleppy
I love momentum.

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB, Red
Send a message via AIM to schleppy
25k is with the manual trans (which is much easier to change the fluid in). My apologies for the confusion.
schleppy is offline   Reply With Quote