Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2007, 07:04 PM   #19
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by doginmyyaris View Post
While the yaris comes with a pretty shitty paint job (as anyone that drives a lot of freeway miles can attest to), claying can really help your paint shine after you wax it! After washing, stick your hand in a clean sandwich bag and run it over the paint. You'll feel like Helen Keller! After claying, and all that shit is gone, wax.
dude you clearly said to wax then clay. afterwards you correct yourself unknowingly. read your own shit before you bust someones balls.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #20
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
damn it.....what is this "Clay" means???..
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #21
rstb88

Drives: Silver Hatchback

It is a product that uses sheering force to remove contaminants embedded in your paint. The only reason it does not cause considerable damage is that you use lubricant to move the particles into the clay which you kneed like dough to move the contaminants into the middle of the clay. I suggest claymagic clay bar. its blue and is mild enough to get most of the contaminants if not all. meguiars in my opinion is too soft and shreds when the going gets tough. Sonus makes some gret clay, green is much like claymagic and over good clay, but they also make a grey clay which is guaranteed to micromar/scratch you paint with what it pulls out.

rstb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #22
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstb88 View Post

It is a product that uses sheering force to remove contaminants embedded in your paint. The only reason it does not cause considerable damage is that you use lubricant to move the particles into the clay which you kneed like dough to move the contaminants into the middle of the clay. I suggest claymagic clay bar. its blue and is mild enough to get most of the contaminants if not all. meguiars in my opinion is too soft and shreds when the going gets tough. Sonus makes some gret clay, green is much like claymagic and over good clay, but they also make a grey clay which is guaranteed to micromar/scratch you paint with what it pulls out.
thanks..
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 AM   #23
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Guess I'm too old to learn new tricks. I'll stick with washing with Dawn dish detergent before waxing with a good arm busting wax...not the car wash stuff, the squirt on junk, or any of the quick detail crap. If impurities are in your paint, your wax didn't do it's job...change waxes or wax more often. Seems like the carts in front of the horse if you spend your time claying then use the quick/easy/ineffective waxes that won't protect the paint in the first place.