Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Retrofit Blitz Supercharger

Well... its installed and fantastic!

This is an xA/xB kit I got used with 3000 miles and it came with all of the original mounting hardware and components.

My boyfriend Kevin deserves a lot of credit for this project. I assisted and helped where I could but this project was a little over what I felt comfortable with in my mechanical abilities. Really though it went very smoothly, its totally worth it.

For starters anyone thinking about getting a scion kit, realize that there are several main modifications you will need to make:
1 - Throttle Body (xA = 3 bolt; Yaris = 4 bolt) We made an adapter plate to mate the supercharger intake piece to the Yaris TB. I already bypassed the coolant line several months ago, in this project I shortened the coolant line that ran to it.
2 - Intake (xA = different position for TB; Yaris = you need a custom intake of some kind) We flipped the stock air box upside down to reduce the chance of CELs, so far so good. I need K&N style filter but I was impatient and wanted it running asap
3 - Pulley/Belt (xA = 66.7 to 67 in belt; Yaris = 66in belt) I am using the gatorback 66.7in belt with an idler pulley from Advanced, I'll try to track down the exact part number later. The pulley I bought was like $18 and gives a better wrap to the supercharger and I don't have any clearance issues with it.

However the biggest change from my setup with others here, is my AEM water methanol system. I tapped my washer fluid tank (and installed the float switch in the washer tank) for lack of space of either the 2 quart or 4 quart AEM tanks. There is an led mounted in the car to tell me when the AEM is spraying and when the system is low. The pump is mounted on my right strut tower and the controller box is behind the lower passenger glove box.

Can't think of too much else at the moment, its been 3 days up til 2am working on this project. Soldering in everything and taking our time really paid off. It cranked right up and runs like a champ!

halfway through:

completed:

Its pretty loud, I might get some videos/better pictures this evening

~Mo