Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
hellstang947

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Seats

I've been driving my 2007 Yaris (60k miles) around for a bit over a month now. As I've said before, I absolutely love it. Today I took my first "longer" trip, Portland to the coast and back, about 4 hours of driving... so much fun to drive on mountain roads!

Anyway, I've noticed from the beginning but kinda ignored it, for me, the seats aren't very comfortable (I'm 5'8 180lbs). I know some say the seats are comfortable, I envy them... I just can't get myself into the "perfect" driving position. This is the 6th car I've owned, and I've always been able to find that perfect spot on the seat, but can't seem to do it here.

So I did some research, probably not good enough, on replacing the seats, but all I find are racing seats. I don't really care for racing seats, I'd just like something a little more comfortable that maybe sits lower to the ground. Also some support on the sides of my body would be nice, even if minimal.
I hope that makes sense, sorry for my rambling...

Could anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Any ideas, easy fixes, or seat replacements? Thanks!
hellstang947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I fnd the problem with the stock seating position, is that the steering wheel is just too far away, either you have to sit bolt upright and reach for it, or scrunch up your legs to have a comfortable arm position. Extending the steering wheel column would be a good fix, but with the stock wheel, not exactly realistic (with an aftermarket wheel, you can get extenders, though I have not tried that myself.

What some people here do with the stock seats, is use washers to raise the front of the seat a little bit, this supposedly helps a lot!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
hellstang947

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
The wheel does sit way too far away, I'd love to bring it out a bit, but I don't really want to mess with that.

I didn't really make my post clear I don't think, so straight up question: Anyone happen to know where I could find seats for purchasing? Other than racing seats.
hellstang947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #4
Sparcoboy

Drives: 2008 XP9 by Sparco
My steering wheel can be tilted and extended as you like, don't know which one can and which can't. Mine's a french built 2008 HB D4D
Sparcoboy is offline   Reply With Quote