Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #1

Drives: 2003 Accord Sedan
Potential Yaris owner, some questions

First, I would have no trouble buying if they made the 5 door in manual transmission. Because of this very unsure of what to buy. The versa seems to have a nicer interior and has 5 door 6MT but inferior fuel economy and no AUX input.

Anyway, some of my questions.

1) I can't seem to tell the difference between the 3 door hatch and its S version. from what I can tell you get a tach, what else? Doesn't seem worth it.

2) I was reading the fuel economy forum and economy seems to be varied. In my current car (2003 accord) I just rev to 2500 and cruise control the highway at 100km/h. Can someone give me a figure for what would be the fuel economy for 100km/h cruise with AC on?

3) Looking at some posts in the purchase prices thread, i see mention of a lifetime powertrain warranty? I would be keeping my next vehicle for the duration so would be very interested in something like that. Can't seem to find any information on it, and am skeptical it really exists.

4) Can anyone recommend me any cars to look into? I would prefer a 5 door hatch, with MT and good fuel economy. I would settle for a 3 door if I have to though since most of the time I am alone. I just need the potential hauling capacity of a hatch for my family and would like rear doors since some of my family members aren't the most mobile of people.

Thanks for the help and this forum looks great. Hope to be a part of the community some day.
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote