Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #73
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
They should install one on a USDM car, drive the snot out of it and report the results. Before/after dyno, compression, plug condition, etc. at 100, 1000, and 5000 miles.

THAT would get people on board. But hey - that's easy for me to say from the comfort of my office chair.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #74
saplaymate

Drives: 08' HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
We do not warranty any products unless they are purchased directly from PE USA or one of our direct dealers. at the time you circumvented the restriction that was in place by rotrex, buying it from japan voids any warranty or support from PE USA

we will offer support to any products purchased from us

Hmmm, was that the story.

Anyone with questions feel free to PM me.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #75
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
Had one of their kits on my old xB about 3 years ago. There was also a girl from Ohio with one. Was a nice kit. I didn't like that I had to modify the plastic valve cover to make it fit though. As far as FMIC, I never got that far. I sold it before I finished the piping work. Was a failry simple plan and had plenty of room in the box.

Will have to think about getting one for the Yaris. I take it that the kit will fit the sedan without any problems? If so, give me some time to put some money aside.

Also, did they change any of the oil cooling system?

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #76
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
read from page 1 $4100 is the MSRP price....$3770 SHIPPED is the PRICE

and the power gains are different...
Man everything sounds really good so far. My question is that it says estimated time of install about 4 hours if you're a good wrench( I think I am) but does the kit include every nut/bolt/piping /couple/whetever to disasemble a stock car and install the basic kit and fire the car up with-out needing any other parts other than colder spark plugs and better gas ? I would buy this kit over the blitz based on the upgrade-ability and ease of being able to upgrade to a fmic with this kit .
Old 01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #77
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
please buy it so you can make me buy it.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #78
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
please buy it so you can make me buy it.
Oh man , I'm all over this , but Imo for $3700 the kit better include every last nut bolt and gasket to install this on my car with-out having to run to the auto parts store for random nuts/bolts/gasket or worse be in the middle of the install only to find a missing gasket or something missing from the kit that would need to be sourced/time-out for shipping and leaving my daily driver down for weeks, that my only big concern with the kit .
Old 01-25-2009, 06:07 PM   #79
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i know what you mean. too many bad luck stories with the blitz kit already. this kit has already shown problems to the guys who own it in the US. maybe the US version is better. it does have the warranty. however, like you said, does it come with everything? this guy who is repping this company sure isn't active on here enough for my liking. we need a guinea pig for this kit...
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #80
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
I would be in if I could afford this kit.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 AM   #81
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
with one month left before i pay off the blitz supercharger i wonder if i should have waited for this kit or another kit by someone else.

but then i remember that the blitz kit has been out for awhile with only minor hassles with installation and virtually no issues once PROPERLY installed.

i'll stick with the blitz supercharger.

but someone else should get some ballz and just buy this thing.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #82
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
Appears to be a nice unit but the price is really pushing me away from this. That's a lot of money for 50HP IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #83
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
working on a few other things first... but u can bet if i decide to go non turbo ill go head to head with u whooppee... u know we have been battling since day one.. =)

BTW u staying over for streetwars 5?
Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #84
jmew0ng

Drives: Scion FRS

Is it me or does that engine cover look like the one for the TS
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #85
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Like I said, without a car out there where it was just bolted on and hammered for 5000 miles, it's hard to say that it will be problem-free. saplaymate seems to be our test subject, his seems to work fine.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #86
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
-

Last edited by 33OH; 01-28-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #87
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
you guys talk about working on cars like its putting on your clothes....just look at the kit.... really how many parts are there?? now look at your car...does it look like the VG30 engine bay???

NOOO there is plenty of room to work with....

GET GOING!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #88
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryank View Post
Except they won't warranty his because he purchased it from Japan? Makes it like there could be issues or changes they have found or done. Afterall, it's the same manufacturer.
NO, there has been no changes...its like this,

PE USA wasnt allowed to sell or support the Rotrex kit, this is directly from Rotrex.

We are not going to jeopardize our relationship with Rotrex just because someone wanted to be creative and buy one from Japan...

thats the risk you take...you want something bad enough, most will go to extremes to get it, but in the end you pay the price of reading instructions in japanese, and having no support in the US...
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #89
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
This is looking more like a fight now

PE, is it possible to get a link to the 500+ kits photos/reviews/pictures. I would be interested in this kit but just saying that the kit is orsm wouldnt encourage me to spend 4k on a SC.
I hope you understand the point. What would you do if you were in the same position

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #90
Chupacabra
Banned

Drives: 2009 Yaris liftback
still a LOT of money for 50HP. What I don't understand is though....why not do a DIY write-up on an installation and get a few to YW members for a discounted price to provide real life feedback for US people? That's the only way that somebody is going to spend 1/3 of what the car costs for a supercharger that adds 50ponies.
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo