Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2007, 11:04 PM   #19
07typeS

Drives: 2007 White Toyota Yaris Type S
Send a message via AIM to 07typeS
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijikikimaru View Post
Just my luck! After mentioning that it doesn't get so windy here in So. CAL today was a windy day. Gust up to...what does weather.com say...up to 28 mph.

Is that a lot??? Anyways my car didn't get pushed around. Unlike before when the car was stock, I'd probably look a flipped turtle if I was still stock

HA! I was just about to comment your other post until I saw this one. Yea it was super windy today, I work next to/at LAX and it was so windy and with all the dirt from the construction I almost thought they were going to stop flights til it calmed down.
TRD Springs w/ KYB Struts and Shocks, Custom CAI w/ K&N filter and pre filter wrap, Weapon R Header, Stock 15 inch alloys, Dezod Performance pads, Tanabe Front Strut Bar, 35% front door Tint and 20% Rear doors back Tint, De-Badged Ass, Custom painted flat black interior, Pioneer deh-p6700bt w/ IPOD hookup, Infinity components up front with custom mounted tweeter, Inifinity 6x9's out back, 1 12" kicker comp cvr........
07typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Crosswind buffeting in open spaces (i.e. highways) is unsettling at the least in this car!!!!!! I thought eggshaped cars were supposed to be aerodynamic!
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Churp,I have just about everything you can get to help with this problem,rolling,and wind resitence,and I can truley say I do not have this problem any more.I would first get wider tires,I use a too wide for my car 7.5" wide tire(I sometimes scrub,also very rare),and then I would get the sway bars.Ohya,dont worry about the effect of rolling resistence on a wider tire,it has minimal effect on this car,beleive me,Ive done the trial and error,Ive changed my tires several times now,and I ve measured with scangauge2,I found minimal to no effect at all,still averaged 38-39,and could get to 43mpg on either tire,hit 45mpg on stock tires 35psi on the tire,and half tank,so thats no fluke.
And if you use a wider tire,just add 2-3 PSI this will also help to stabilize your car from side to side movment,stiffer sidewall = less body movment/roll,but that means you could break the ass end loss faster and go into a skid,but you must be aware of these things you do to make your car handle better.I use 38 PSI when using my 7.5" wide tires(50# max tire) and 35PSI on stock tires(44#max).
eco is offline   Reply With Quote