Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Supercharger Selection and Limiting Boost

I figured someone would know this better than i would, I am not an expert in superchargerology so i figured it would be better to ask someone..

I cannot find an M45 supercharger for sale that is of decent price. So would anyone think an M62 would work? I see some from the Millenias pretty cheap, but they can run upwards of 20psi of boost and more at redline which is nuts for this engine i would think.

I just want to get it to run without worrying about making a custom pulley to lower boost, plus it would have to be larger.

How bad would the drag if any on this engine would there be if i ran an M62 that is used on a 2.2l, or would it just create more boost.

Also, can i limit the amount of psi pushed into the engine if i use one of these on the charge pipe.

http://www.928m.com/parts/boostlimitervalve.php

Thanks gurus
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
I think it might be better to have an inlet restrictor rather than something blowing off air that is already in the system....but im still wondering how much power i might lose if i use the M62
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote