Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
FIT for $3240 - SCAM

NO way this is real:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/947007987.html

I am requesting that everyone emails the poster (POSER) and send him the lyrics to Rick Astley's "never gonna give you up":

Were no strangers to love
You know the rules and so do i
A full commitments what Im thinking of
You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

* never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Weve know each other for so long
Your hearts been aching
But youre too shy to say it
Inside we both know whats been going on
We know the game and were gonna play it

And if you ask me how Im feeling
Dont tell me youre too blind to see

(* repeat)

Give you up. give you up
Give you up, give you up
Never gonna give
Never gonna give, give you up
Never gonna give
Never gonna give, five you up

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
Gotta make you understand

(* repeat 3 times)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Sorry Garm looks like they have already removed it.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
hey Garm-

I don't know what's more disturbing- the false post for the fit or you knowing the lyrics to a Ric Astley song!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
er... Garm *is* Rick Astley under a new name

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 12-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

LOL !! We're probably about the same age, but he still has HAIR.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

The ad is still up
Old 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

here is their reply after I sent the LYRIC to them (LOLZ!!)

Hello,

My 2008 Honda Fit Sport (VIN JHMGD38628S029320) is in great shape, no engine problems,damages or hidden defects. Hasn't been involved in any accident. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`m a single mother with 2 children because I divorced with my husband and after the divorce I own this car. I really don`t need it and have bad memories about it and that`s why I'm selling it so cheap. The car has a clear title, no liens. Transmission is Automatic and has only 4,900 miles. The total price is $3,240 including shipping and handling. I am located in Miami, Florida. I'm very busy with my job and I'm often out of town so I can't meet in person with you and this is the reason why I opted to sell my car over the internet. In order to secure the delivery of the vehicle I've applied for the services of a local shipping company that will handle the delivery and will hold the money until you receive, inspect and accept the vehicle. It can be delivered anywhere in the US (delivery included in the sale price).
The car is now at their warehouse and has been inspected by them before being accepted for shipping. Delivery takes around 3-4 days depending on your exact location. Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with further details.

Thank you,
Donna Higgins

More pictures you can find here:
http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq76/donnahiggins55/
Old 12-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Why ya got a pick on Rick?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 PM   #9
msfire671
ONE LOVE...YARiS LOVE!!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Send a message via MSN to msfire671 Send a message via Yahoo to msfire671
too good to be true...yah think?

but then again going through a divorce and nothing but bad memories...

id sell it for sure!
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 AM   #10
808yarisLB

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
here is their reply after I sent the LYRIC to them (LOLZ!!)

Hello,

My 2008 Honda Fit Sport (VIN JHMGD38628S029320) is in great shape, no engine problems,damages or hidden defects. Hasn't been involved in any accident. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`m a single mother with 2 children because I divorced with my husband and after the divorce I own this car. I really don`t need it and have bad memories about it and that`s why I'm selling it so cheap. The car has a clear title, no liens. Transmission is Automatic and has only 4,900 miles. The total price is $3,240 including shipping and handling. I am located in Miami, Florida. I'm very busy with my job and I'm often out of town so I can't meet in person with you and this is the reason why I opted to sell my car over the internet. In order to secure the delivery of the vehicle I've applied for the services of a local shipping company that will handle the delivery and will hold the money until you receive, inspect and accept the vehicle. It can be delivered anywhere in the US (delivery included in the sale price).
The car is now at their warehouse and has been inspected by them before being accepted for shipping. Delivery takes around 3-4 days depending on your exact location. Please let me know if you're interested so I can provide you with further details.

Thank you,
Donna Higgins

More pictures you can find here:
http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq76/donnahiggins55/
Ask them for the next details, and keep on playing with scam. Send them some Monopoly Cash! lol
Old 12-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #11
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
why is it on los angeles craigslist and he/she is in miami? correct me if im wrong and trust me...im no geography major but..those cities arent even in the same state...or even the same half of the country for that matter haha.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
lita_g

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Wow, they even got a template response, if it was real they probably would have mentioned something about the song lyrics. Considering they gave a VIN, it's either a scam or a joke on somebody else.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
bearda

Drives: 2006 Mazda3 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lita_g View Post
Wow, they even got a template response, if it was real they probably would have mentioned something about the song lyrics. Considering they gave a VIN, it's either a scam or a joke on somebody else.
Scam, vehicle is already for sale on Vehix.com:
http://www.vehix.com/inventory/detai...770000011CC060
Old 12-11-2008, 04:33 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I've been playing with them. Got the "shipping company" involved too.

Did a WHOIS on the domain names, came up with interesting information. Fun!

"Never gonna give you up....."
Old 12-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #15
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I've been playing with them. Got the "shipping company" involved too.

Did a WHOIS on the domain names, came up with interesting information. Fun!

"Never gonna give you up....."
DO TELL GARM, DO TELL!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 PM   #16
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
BS is all I can say.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
jdmekcivic

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Are you telling me I shouldn't have sent over a certified check from a business partner worth $10k more than they are asking for the car? My partner said that they can keep the extra money for their troubles. Oh no!

Hello [seller name],
Thanks for your mail and understanding and will want payment to be asap. i will go about payment by instructing my client in the states to issue you a certified cashier check of $13,500 and this should take care of all expences in this transaction, what you will do once you have recieved the check ,is to cash it, and deduct your own money($3500) and the wiring charges and wire the balance to my international shipping agent through western union transfer. Once he recieves the balance,he will come over to your location in the very next day for pick up of the 2008 Honda Fit, now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want the good to be delivered to me safe and sound without problems, i shall send you my shipper address as soon as i contact him.All what i need from you now is to mail me with you details below...
YOUR FULL NAME..........(on check)
YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS....
YOUR STATE AND ZIPCODE.......
YOUR COUNTRY.......
YOUR PHONE NUMBER..........(both mobile and landphone number)
Do get back to me asap with this details for payment to be made out to you immediately,so that i can forward it to my client who will issue out payment on my behalf to you the, let me know asap if you are still intrested so that we could seal this transaction on time.
Regards,
Mr. Scammer

lol. I wonder if any scammers tried to scam the original scammers....
Old 12-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

LOL -- good one!
Closed Thread