Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
rim/coilover opinions

ok, i got a black sand pearl 3dr.

im in the market to buy some coilovers and rims and gonna spend roughly 2-3k and was looking for some opinions.

coilovers:
im looking for at least a 2" drop with the handling for autocross. i will need adjustable dampening. i would also like pillowball mounts also but from what i find, no body makes it for the yaris and modifying is in order to do so. if anyone has pics of what modifications are needed, pictures would be greatly appriciated.

rim:
let it be known, i already have a set of 15" light racing rims on the side for autocross.
rims im looking for are for looks. i personally feel 15" are too small on these cars, so im leaning toward 16" maybe 17" with 40-45 sidewall and around a 42 offset. question in hand is.. what is your opinion on color rims. im going for silver right now, but almost leaning toward a bronze also.

let me know what you think of my suggestions and any input is welcome.
again, all is opinions and i understand personal preference is what makes a car thier own. just wanna know if anyone had any issues with certain name brands or dimensions
ilikerice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I've always had a soft spot for Konig Feathers or Konig Heliums. I think they are 11.1 lbs. I'm a big fan of hte Charles Bronze-en color :D
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
ilikerice

those feathers are nice but im not a huge fan of the skinny spokes like that. i like the fat ones. i do like the twighlights, i think konig makes those also. also the rota grids look nice. im debating on either black, white or silver
Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
if you like fat spoked rims, you can always try picking up a set of honda "fat fives". pretty cheap nowadays
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #5
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
I would get the Tein coilovers. I have K-Sports, and they're a pain in the ass to adjust. As far ass for wheels, I would go for the 15'' feathers. The spokes extending to the lip make the wheel look bigger than a 15. My buddy had them on a CRX, and they looked like 17's. You could always paint the silver bronze with the Duplicolor wheel paint.
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #6
ilikerice

good info.. ive been looking at the Rota Grid wheels and are really getting my attention right now. im going with the megan coilovers for now. if i dont like ill take them off and sell them and try ksport. i didnt got with tein cuz i wanted more more spring rate. and for the cost, seems like they are what im looking for. the higher rear spring rate i may be able to take that rear sway bar off and sell that.. we'll see on the next autox.

still debating on the rim color though.. gun metal is also an option.. but i may just stick with simple silver
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
ilikerice

quick question. off the top of your head, what is the offset of factory steelies?

also, will a rim with the offset of +20 clear the fender without modifying?
Old 11-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #8
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Factory steelies are +45, I believe.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote