Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
Superfly
Makin' it rain

Drives: 2012 Silver Yaris LE
Recall/Service Bulletin

Guys, just got my recall notice in the mail from Toyota about the airbag sensor/light/supplemental restraint system. Not concerned since I rarely have passengers in the car, but man does the time for the work suck at a minimum of 2-3 hours. Probably looking at a Saturday service just in case it does take longer. Has anyone else received the notice or gotten the work done?

P.S. I'm kind of excited since this is my first recall notice on any car I have ever owned. It is a new experience! And yes, I am a nerd in that regard.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
Tgawe

Drives: 2013 Toyota Yaris
Got this done a few days ago. Took the dealership 3 hours.

When I got my car back the front bumper panel was loose on the passenger side which was odd given I'd assume the recall wouldn't have anything to do with the bumper. It just snapped back into place though. No idea why it was like that but there was no visible damage or anything of that sort at least.
Tgawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
Guys, just got my recall notice in the mail from Toyota about the airbag sensor/light/supplemental restraint system. Not concerned since I rarely have passengers in the car, but man does the time for the work suck at a minimum of 2-3 hours. Probably looking at a Saturday service just in case it does take longer. Has anyone else received the notice or gotten the work done?

P.S. I'm kind of excited since this is my first recall notice on any car I have ever owned. It is a new experience! And yes, I am a nerd in that regard.
I had this service done last week. Took about two hours or so.
matti is offline   Reply With Quote