Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Olavich View Post
so to suggest that high RPM's = low MPG is not necessarily true in all cases.
I understand that there is a happy medium. Notice I mentioned that low RPM's can result in low mileage too, and I even listed the window of proper shift points for this car, none of which would qualify as "high RPM's."

Do you ever argue a point or do you just like reading your own posts?

All I am saying is getting good gas mileage on a car like this is WAY the hell simpler than most hypermilers make it seem on this site. Instead of writing a dissertation on gas mileage spread across 50 threads, why don't one of you just post a thread... "how to get good gas mileage." It isn't rocket science!

If you guys come back at me for this saying I'm a jerk, it will prove who is posting for the betterment of fellow member's experiences... and it will prove who posts just to post.

BailOut, I nominate you. At least you know what you're talking about.

And to answer your question, the frustration looms from your total lack of understanding of our membership... among other things. I don't go to school with Jamal or anything, but I would bet 50 bucks he would rather have someone just give him a couple reasonably easy tips on how to improve his shitty mileage rather than you saying "hey, go read this whole site." You have to know your audience in order to help effectively.

Knowledge is power... and ignorance is bliss.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote