Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
extenny

Drives: ford focus
07 yaris liftback and 06 xa test drive

Hi First post here.
I have already orderd a liftback from a local dealer here. Anyway I went to a local dealer yesterday to look and test drive both the 07 liftback and an 06 scion xa, and now am debating between the 2. I just wanted to post what I thought between the 2 and see if anyone who has seen or driven both had any opionons as well.
1. at least in my opinon i think the yaris is a better looking car.
2. during the test drive the yaris seemed to handle better and seemed like it had a little more pep and was a little smoother ride, but i was told by the dealer that the xa is supposdley a better ride.
3. I think the interior of the xa looks quite a bit better. but comfort wise they seemed to be the same except for the back seat of the yaris seemed to be more comfortable.
4. obviously the xa is a little bigger about 4 inches and therefore has more cargo space, which would be nice. Either way both have more cargo space then my 05 zx4 se ford focus which i will be trading in.
5. I also like the fact that the xa has 4 doors but this is not a deal breaker for me.

I am still leaning twords the yaris partly due to the fact that me and the wife share one car currently and i know when we move up to two cars we would probably buy a car with more cargo space than either of these.

Anyway just wanted to see if anyone else has any other opinons or experiances between the 06 xa and the 07 yaris liftback.
Thanks
extenny is offline   Reply With Quote