Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #613
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
welll Parmas has build an equal lenght one...he is selling it...i have asked if he wants to sell it alone with down pipe and not with whole piping....

TBR makes one which might be the one your talking about...:)
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #614
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The one Parmas had came with the motor from Canada -- he didn't build it, as I recall.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #615
Radou

Drives: yaris 09 ncp91
i think is an engine from turbinetech here !
Radou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #616
packetrace

Yes it is :) they want 1000$ for an equal lenght haha
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Old 09-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #617
packetrace

Might pick one from ptuning or try to copy it of parmas dont want to sell his equal lenght alone
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #618
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Just posting an update. I have sorted my ignition issues by adjusting my timing map. My car has been running very strong at 17psi. Making more power then ever before. I continue to tweek and fiddle with the FIC. Sometimes adjustments work and sometimes they dont. I can say it is getting hard to tune on the street. Sometimes I wish I had a dyno. Trying to find a road to wind out forth gear is a little risky with traffic and the police.
Traction is a real problem. With cold weather their is none until third gear. Even third gear is starting to break loose somtimes. And I have major torque steer. Mabe a limited slip would help.
My light piston slap has not caused any issues with reliability. I just finished a trip to Tennessee with my bike on the trailer behind my car. It is pretty loud when cold but its taking some hard driving.
I want to get a dyno run in the next few months and see what she puts out? I also want to pick up a welder and build a quality exhaust. Also next summer I would like to get a new turbo manafold and slightly larger turbo with a external wastegate.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #619
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Way to go!

LSD will help a LOT with your torque steer, I have very little of that on my car. Tires may be helping, I don't know, I run Toyo R888's, very sticky tires.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #620
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Glad to hear all is going well for the most part. I am very glad that I went with an external WG...just makes life a lot easier as well as being more reliable in winter conditions. My daughter actually had a friend over from New Brunswick during the Turkey Day weekend and he has a boosted Golf that had an internal WG that experienced the same issue I did with the actuator sleeve arm getting gummed 2 winters ago. He got lucky though because his stuck closed rather than open so no damage, just shitty performance.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #621
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Glad to hear all is going well for the most part. I am very glad that I went with an external WG...just makes life a lot easier as well as being more reliable in winter conditions. My daughter actually had a friend over from New Brunswick during the Turkey Day weekend and he has a boosted Golf that had an internal WG that experienced the same issue I did with the actuator sleeve arm getting gummed 2 winters ago. He got lucky though because his stuck closed rather than open so no damage, just shitty performance.
I think you got that backwards, if stuck closed it would build up to much boost stuck open it would not build any boost.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #622
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Correct.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #623
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
as long as your piston skirts are not broken off, and you have good sealing rings the slap will always go away once the engine warms up and the pistons expand to fit the cylinders. I would suggest some way of warming up the engine before driving to prevent possible damage to the cylinder walls and pistons.

BUT, I am glad to hear(well read) that the set up is doing good and is feeling strong, and i look forward to reading your dyno results. keep up the fun/good work.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #624
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I would suggest some way of warming up the engine before driving to prevent possible damage to the cylinder walls and pistons.
LOL, like sitting in the car and starting it?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #625
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
that is what i do, wait until the O2 sensor is warmed up enough to start working (130 degrees Fahrenheit) then easy down the road a few miles, wait at a light, easy down the road toward the interstate, get on the interstate, and by then i'm about 175 ish, so i can give it some gas to merge onto the interstate. and laugh as i hear the loud roar as my exhaust goes through the Megan Racing header, and out the DC Sports Muffler. oh the sound of a little 1.5L sounding like a much bigger car. just kind of make me smile, now if only I had a turbo as well.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #626
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Well for a long time now I have been trying to tune my FIC for 20psi. I have never been able to get it quite right. Because of the difference in fueling from the factory computer at say 60% throttle opening at 10 psi compared to 100% throttle opening at 10psi. If tuning for 100% throttle you will be very lean at 60% throttle. If tuning for 60% you will be pig rich at 100%. I have tried to find a happy balance but its just not possible. I have turned the boost down to the 12-13psi range. This is a little bit more managable. To get the full potential of this built motor it will need a stand alone. Its just more then I want to spend at the moment.
Just curious how does the boomslang hook up to the AEM EMS and the factory computer at the same time. I now the power steering still needs to hooked to the factory computer. Also can I still use my A/C. Anyone know?
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #627
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Oh man, you must be itching to get a standalone knowing you have a built motor you can barely make use of

I can't speak for how the boomslang would work in that regard. I can't imagine they'd completely disregard usage of the stock ECU because you would be losing a huge amount of functionality.

This may not be the best example because the wiring is custom but - in my tC, both the Motec ecu and stock ecu are used. The Motec really only takes control over what's necessary to manage the engine. It also has configurable inputs for a huge slew of things. I'd imagine any decent standalone would have the same.

As for A/C - I believe the way I have it handled is you flip a switch (NOT the oem one), the Motec sees this as an "a/c request" then powers a relay which is connected directly to the a/c clutch. The stock ecu is completely bypassed.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #628
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
I think you got that backwards, if stuck closed it would build up to much boost stuck open it would not build any boost.
Oh yeah.... haha

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #629
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Just curious how does the boomslang hook up to the AEM EMS and the factory computer at the same time. I now the power steering still needs to hooked to the factory computer. Also can I still use my A/C. Anyone know?

I am wondering this as well. I REALLY want to stay away from AEM again, but may end up having to go that route. I know there are plenty of folks that swear by them, but I have had too many issues to not be leery with their products. So I would like to know whether or not I would still be able to use my Bslang or if I will have to pick up a new harness also.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #630
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
Well for a long time now I have been trying to tune my FIC for 20psi. I have never been able to get it quite right.
During our phone conversations I was afraid of those issues you are seeing with the FIC just not being able to cut it. To me the FIC is really just a hobby box with how intelligent and restrictive today's ECUs are from Toyota. Best to just bite the bullet and go full standalone otherwise you are just wasting your money every time you start your car rolling down the pavement.