Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Philips HID Kit - Help Needed

Hello Yarisworld,

I am considering purchasing a Philips 6000K HID kit, after researching and concluding they are the best (up for debate, but not here, not now please). Although the staff at http://www.autolamps-online.com (not a shameless plug) has been great in providing me details, I wanted to ask the Yarisworld members the more specific details relating directly to the Yaris.

Recently, I have been corresponding with their support staff, and have received and installation diagram that I would like some assistance with please. I am not sure where some of the wires would run to. If I relate it to my fog light install that I did using Toyota's manual, then I had to use a a relay in the interior fusebox, and a wiring into the engine fusebox as well.

Looking at the picture, is there anything like that to be done? Where does the relay go? What does the 20A fuse mean? Also, what does the bottom right diagram warning mean? Since the Yaris has this shield in the mirror housing, is the HID bulb going to hit it?

Please offer any relevant details to clear my uncertainty. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GetAttachment.jpg (48.6 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg Philips_H4_HL_HID_installation__Page_08.jpg (101.1 KB, 338 views)

Last edited by Meteorite_Marty; 02-01-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote