Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #55
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Hey me too! I'm too using the smallest size nozzle that came with the kit. We're thinking of starting injection from 4psi onwards and full at 10psi.

condensation?? oh wow...that is really something! i didn't notice any condensation on my pipings. i purchased the water/methanol mixture from my tuner as he stocks racing fuel in barrels and methanol is just one of the barrels he keeps in his warehouse together with the racing fuel.

i wonder whether the quality of the methanol makes any different or methanol is just methanol?

im glad to know there are others out there using it in their car too! your blitz kit is damn sexyyy!
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #56
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
changchewsoon - I think that partially the 80% humidity helps out with my condensation claim to fame, but its at least a 100* temp differential according to the laser thermometer. Oh and as for quality of methanol, I was using "gas line dryer" aka "HEET" and since switching to mass purchased methanol, I haven't really noticed too much of a difference. Thanks!!!

echo - yes! after the MAF but before the throttle body, so either behind (since there is a sticker there) or right where the sticker is would be perfect... on mine, the intake setup I currently have (that I hate) I have about 1.5" of room to do anything with, but I made it work

Just a hint but try to angle the injector as much as possible AWAY from the MAF and towards the TB. I got about a 45* angle on my injector without too much hassle, if you can only get it dead on and directly in, its not a huge problem cause the supercharger creates A LOT of suction :) oh and to make sure I'm not spraying all the time my "start" psi for injection is set higher than 1-2psi, that way you dont pool mix while at idle or ultra low boost... hope that helps!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #57
Morgan

yeah I've considered that as well, but it threaded into the pipe I had really well and so far it works very reliably
Old 07-04-2009, 03:42 AM   #58
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
hurray for water/methanol injection!!
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #59
Morgan

exactly, it way cheaper than fabricating an intercooler on the blitz and way more efficient!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #60
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I may have to jump on board for this. Probably would be good for safer drag racing.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:58 PM   #61
Morgan

Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post
hurray for water/methanol injection!!
ehh needed a mildly relevant post to start this one with

so here is where my nozzle is, I remembered that I changed the angle on injector so that it was more level with the tubing - so here it is!

ps I hate my intake... but I'm stuck to some extent with an xA/xB throttle body location in a yaris... custom intake it is!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #62
Morgan

Summit Racing sells the aem for $399 USD and if you order early enough in the day they ship it out the day you place the order, but if you can find it that cheap locally, go for it! (Summit doesnt charge for shipping on anything over like $200... but local convenience is nice!)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #63
Morgan

yeah, I get spoiled by them cause stuff comes next day for free... your deal locally definitely seems to be pretty good
Old 07-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #64
Morgan

Installed a boost gauge for testing purposes and mine holds 8psi and spikes to 9.... with the belt slipping!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #65
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Ok, I'm ordering mine this week. I'm sold on it. I read somewhere that you want max injection when boost first cuts in because the engine load is highest when you are switching from n/a to boosted operations and are undergoing the highest acceleration.

I'll try to find that link again
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #66
Morgan

the water methanol kit I'm assuming?....
Old 07-26-2009, 03:09 PM   #67
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Yes. I'm waiting for a price quote from a local vendor. Otherwise, I'll go to Summit. Once the kit is installed, I'll schedule a dyno day.

Have you autox'd with your setup?
LtNoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #68
Morgan

yeah get up on the dyno, I'm really trying to get something together in my area so I don't have to pay for time all by my lonesome - but this county is lame...

I have autox'd my car since the supercharger, but I feel like I'm almost slower than before. By that I mean, I was placing 1st-2nd in STS and I'm still faster than anything in STS but I jumped to SM and am finishing last-second to last but that was to be expected.

I also added R-Comps (thanks Tamago!). Tires have COMPLETELY changed how I drive the car so adjusting to the extra power (I can actually use my brakes now, lol) and the R-Comps (no slippery driving) has been quite a shock to the system.

Overall, its a nice change but I do miss beating everyone with the stock engine... now they all justify me beating them because of the +30hp ... obviously not because I'm a fairly decent driver
Old 07-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #69
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
i'm jealous. hawaii doesn't sell -20f windshield wiper fluid; nor do they ship it or boost juice to hawaii. wah wah
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #70
Morgan

99.99% methanol

but you may want to check an auto parts store, several of them close to me carry it in bulk - $5/gallon > $1.99/12oz
Old 07-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #71
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
yah i knew about that option, but wasn't very excited about it. i was more interested in the $1.?? option with the windshield wiper fluid.

How big was your tank for the AEM meth kit?

EDIT: I looked online and saw it comes with 1 gallon tank, or you can purchase the bigger 5 gallon tank. How long would a 1 gallon tank of meth/water mixture last? One full tank of gas? Longer? Shorter? Thanks.

Last edited by PETERPOOP; 07-26-2009 at 05:53 PM.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #72
Morgan

Umm... well it depends on how you drive!

...and how much you drive.

However, I deliver pizza and have it set to 25% and have my fun at work (legally and safely, of course!) and my 1 gallon tank [50/50 mix] lasts me a good couple of nights at work, so I'd guess maybe 400 miles (+/- 100 miles). The AEM kit has a progressive nozzle and you can set it to not spray as much, but mine is almost always spraying the max for the little injector.

To be quite honest, I've been out and about and made due with straight water. Its really not a noticeable difference and the whole kit is about safety not power for me right now. Either way, if you were less aggressive and had it set to 75% the 1 gallon would easily last 2 weeks ~ 600-700 miles.