Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-05-2015, 03:06 PM   #1
misterno

Drives: Man
Send a message via ICQ to misterno Send a message via AIM to misterno Send a message via Yahoo to misterno
Which Yaris version has automatic air conditioning?

I searched toyota.com and then edmunds.com but was not able to find which versions of Toyota Yaris offers automatic air conditioning?

Can someone help?
misterno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
What do you mean by 'automatic' air conditioning? Digital climate control?
Old 10-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
misterno

Send a message via ICQ to misterno Send a message via AIM to misterno Send a message via Yahoo to misterno
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
What do you mean by 'automatic' air conditioning? Digital climate control?
"Automatic Climate Control"

I dont know why it does not exist in US but Canada has it

Go figure
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
I havent seen digital climate control on the Yaris' here in Canada. I think that is strictly japan and europe.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:29 PM   #5
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
We had a member a few years back who, via a significant amount of cash, ordered all the necessary parts from Japan to retrofit his 2010 with the JDM digital climate control system. It was a ton of work, but sweet. Looked like this;

Please quote your sources for "Automatic Air Conditioning". As aspro said, we do not have it in Canada. Maybe we aren't even talking the same thing.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:42 PM   #6
misterno

climate control means to automatically adjust the air conditioning preset temperature

air conditioning is just plain ac with no adjustment at all

dual zone climate control means driver and passanger each get different temperature treatment

I am asking climate control

So after a search in google, found out that yaris does not offer it

corolla in 2013 offered with premium package and 2014 and on it became standard on all corollas
Old 10-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post
climate control means to automatically adjust the air conditioning preset temperature

dual zone climate control means driver and passanger each get different temperature treatment

corolla in 2013 offered with premium package and 2014 and on it became standard on all corollas
Correct - The US and Canada Yaris never got it, but Europe and Japan did on certain packages.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:59 PM   #8
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
This is another one of those features that was absent here because American customers don't pay premiums on Yaris class cars [for the most part]. We've talked about this type of thing a number of times. Markets are significantly different around the world, the US one of the most unique. In general terms, we value vehicles in a size scale, the Europeans and Japanese not so much.

Americans would never buy a $20K Yaris which roughly what it would be fully optioned as avaliable overseas. Heck, they're barely buying $14K ones anymore as sales have been really slow for the 3rd gen.

It's easy for some to wish for such things on this board but the reality is that they just wouldn't sell. Most Americans buy the biggest car they can afford which is at odds with many small car enthusiasts on a forum like this. So we get the Corolla instead of a loaded Yaris.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #9
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterno View Post

The US gets climate control on all 2014 Corollas?!

AFAIK it is only available in the fully loaded Corolla S in 2014+. Base S even comes with hub caps. Lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #10
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
On my 08 sedan i have a button that says A/C when pressed the car cools down. why is this not all thats needed.I'm missing the point of why this feature needs to be done automatically.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:33 PM   #11
Secretblend

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
On my 08 sedan i have a button that says A/C when pressed the car cools down. why is this not all thats needed.I'm missing the point of why this feature needs to be done automatically.
To me, whole point is being too lazy to push the button???
Secretblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #12
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
C'mon, let's not act like it's not a cool feature. It's the same as central AC in a house. You don't go and turn the air on when it's hot and then turn it off again when it gets cold. You set it to a comfortable temp and it kicks on and off on it's own. I'd enjoy the same feature in my car--why wouldn't you is the better question.

I think Kal-El is spot on. Although it would be cool, I wouldn't pay extra for it in a twelve and a half thousand dollar car.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 PM   #13
Secretblend

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
C'mon, let's not act like it's not a cool feature. It's the same as central AC in a house. You don't go and turn the air on when it's hot and then turn it off again when it gets cold. You set it to a comfortable temp and it kicks on and off on it's own. I'd enjoy the same feature in my car--why wouldn't you is the better question.

I think Kal-El is spot on. Although it would be cool, I wouldn't pay extra for it in a twelve and a half thousand dollar car.
IMO, not really same thing. In a house, couple of rooms and is always out of reach so it makes sense to have automatic in house. However in a car, it is always within reach, don't even have to get up.
Secretblend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #14
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post

Had it for 3 yrs in my Avalon Limited. Never once used it. The other half did though. I put it on the coldest available and only adjusted the fan speed. However, I did use it to adjust the heat in the winter. I must have prefer the simplicity in my 15 Yaris SE. But to each their own.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:23 PM   #15
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
Had it for 3 yrs in my Avalon Limited. Never once used it. The other half did though. I put it on the coldest available and only adjusted the fan speed. However, I did use it to adjust the heat in the winter. I must have prefer the simplicity in my 15 Yaris SE. But to each their own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretblend View Post
IMO, not really same thing. In a house, couple of rooms and is always out of reach so it makes sense to have automatic in house. However in a car, it is always within reach, don't even have to get up.
Interesting points. If I had it, I'd set it to a comfortable temp and never have to think about the AC again. Def wouldn't pay extra for it as an option on this car, though. I think of it as cruise control for the AC. I love cruise control lol.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #16
misterno

Quote:
Push what button?

The AC system is just turn ON or OFF.

In the climate control which is not offered in Yaris, you set a temperature say 72 F, and the AC blows hot or cold or nothing depending on the temp inside the car

The poor Americans like myself keep adjusting the AC on or off or level 1-2-3 all the time not to freeze.

I hate the old system
Old 05-18-2016, 11:52 AM   #17
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
lol I was thinking the same thing. One of the reasons I bought the Yaris was to get something that doesn't have keyless entry and a bunch of unneeded electronic garbage.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:45 PM   #18
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
lol I was thinking the same thing. One of the reasons I bought the Yaris was to get something that doesn't have keyless entry and a bunch of unneeded electronic garbage.
I agree 100% - though I do wish that the side-mirror turn signal indicators were part of the North-American Yaris standard equipment also, even if only on the LE & SE trim.

Last edited by Kalispel; 05-18-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote