Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Cutie Pie #2

Drives: 2014 Honda CR-V LX
2 Problems/issues I'm having ??

First problem /issue with my Yaris, last night coming back from where I was at, I noticed that my transmission started slipping and not functioning like it should, it was real noticable accelerating up a hill it would not kick to the next gear at all. It's seems to be very sluggish also. No CEL light is on, but I feel that it will go on the way the car is driving.

Second problem/issue happen on the way to and from where I was going last night, the steering felt different, when going staight it was wondering all over the road, I had a alignment done last week so it shouldn't be that, unless it came out of alignment, but this is what is bad when you accelerate it pulls to the right or left hard to the point you could hit something, also when braking but not as bad, I do have a TRD sway bar if that makes any difference. It has a vibartion when going over bumps and pulls then too. I have 24,000 miles on the car, and just had the thing serviced.

I'm taking the car in at 2:30 today, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had anything happen like what I said above. I will let you guys know what the problems/ issues are when I return later.

Last edited by Cutie Pie #2; 04-18-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Cutie Pie #2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
1. Take it to the dealer, its an '08, it should still be covered under warranty, assuming the problem is not that you are not pressing the throttle hard enough

2. sounds like they screwed up your alignment terribly
Old 04-18-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Cutie Pie #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
1. Take it to the dealer, its an '08, it should still be covered under warranty, assuming the problem is not that you are not pressing the throttle hard enough

2. sounds like they screwed up your alignment terribly

I'm pressing the throttle like I always do, the car has not shifted like it did last night before.

They might have, but it feels like my 1987 Ford taurus(my first car), I had the tie bars go bad on me with that car and it felt just like it did with that. But it is under warranty.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
The shifting is actually memory stored in the ecu. The transmission has learned shit habits...... I am willing to bet money the dealership will disconnect your battery (or can probably do it via computer) to reset the ecu.

The wandering hmmmmmm please chack the air pressure in all the tires. I bet they set everything "neutral" with centered adjustments. Was it a 4 wheel alignment? Whay did you get it done? I would return and state you are not happy with it. I am close to 33K miles in just one year and I have not had any alignment issues.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
Cutie Pie #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_VT View Post
The shifting is actually memory stored in the ecu. The transmission has learned shit habits...... I am willing to bet money the dealership will disconnect your battery (or can probably do it via computer) to reset the ecu.

The wandering hmmmmmm please chack the air pressure in all the tires. I bet they set everything "neutral" with centered adjustments. Was it a 4 wheel alignment? Whay did you get it done? I would return and state you are not happy with it. I am close to 33K miles in just one year and I have not had any alignment issues.
I think just a front wheel alignment, I got it done because they did a courtesy check and showed me that is was a little off and this was my first one that I had. And I will check tire presure befor I go today.

I disconnected the battery and it is still doing the same thing today. It seems that there is a vibration when it is shifting into gears, feels like it is coming from the front of the car.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Cutie Pie #2

Simple fix to all, they just reset the ECU for the transmission problem and for the steering issue air presure in the right front was off 28 instead of 35 that was in all other tires, all is good now. The tire had a nail in it, that was why it was low.

Sorry for the panic but, I thought something was really wrong with my little blue skate.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #7
captainm27

Drives: 2008 Sedan A/T Silver
For real, the ECU stores memory of driving habits??? Sheesh! What's next, Transmissions that shift automatically???
captainm27 is offline   Reply With Quote